Report or alternative?

Findiculous

So I made a paypal trade the other week and sold a guy some keys for paypal. The following day I was emailed by paypal that I received a payment that may not have been authorized by the account holder so now I have had to make a case from my end with screens caps of conversation and proof of trade.

I contacted the buyer who told me that he bought a prepaid card from someone and used it on paypal but looks like they charged back and he will have to contact him. I gave him a week to resolve. 

A week has now passed. Last night I contacted the guy to ask whats happening. They said that he was meant to give a replacement but hasnt been online in a while then asked for a couple more days.

I told him I have been generous enough with giving a week to resolve.

So whats the next step? Straight up report or is there an alternate route like them paying me themselves then reporting the individual who provided the card so that its not their profile that gets the scammer tag?

I see a lot of people looking at this but no responses. Come on guys. 

The dude isnt marked btw and no negative rep from trades in the past

55 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

I see a lot of people looking at this but no responses. Come on guys. 

The dude isnt marked btw and no negative rep from trades in the past

It's his responsibility to make sure you get your money. If he can't fix it, then I'd say report him.

1 hour ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

It's his responsibility to make sure you get your money. If he can't fix it, then I'd say report him.

Alright so basically say to him that he will have to pay again out of own pocket and find a way to get a hole of the potential scammer who gave possibly stolen paypal credit/report that scammer?

And then if the issue gets resolved after the payment and I end up with 2 payments for the same thing, then I just refund one of them?

2 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

Alright so basically say to him that he will have to pay again out of own pocket and find a way to get a hole of the potential scammer who gave possibly stolen paypal credit/report that scammer?

And then if the issue gets resolved after the payment and I end up with 2 payments for the same thing, then I just refund one of them?

Well, how i see it, you shouldnt be the victim here. He chose to use a (somewhat) sketchy payment method (assuming hes being honest) and thats his responsibility to fix. He can try and sort out the issue on his end, but at the end of the day, you not getting paid is breaking the trade agreement you 2 had, and that shouldn't go unpunished. 

"And then if the issue gets resolved after the payment and I end up with 2 payments for the same thing, then I just refund one of them?" I would imagine so

1 hour ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

Well, how i see it, you shouldnt be the victim here. He chose to use a (somewhat) sketchy payment method (assuming hes being honest) and thats his responsibility to fix. He can try and sort out the issue on his end, but at the end of the day, you not getting paid is breaking the trade agreement you 2 had, and that shouldn't go unpunished. 

"And then if the issue gets resolved after the payment and I end up with 2 payments for the same thing, then I just refund one of them?" I would imagine so

He decided to go with needing more time and didnt wish to reimburse. I have now reported. Thanks for the advice.

17 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

He decided to go with needing more time and didnt wish to reimburse. I have now reported. Thanks for the advice.

Well, that sucks that he's not willing to make it right, but reporting him is the right move, maybe he'll change his mind if he sees it, who knows.

6 minutes ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

Well, that sucks that he's not willing to make it right, but reporting him is the right move, maybe he'll change his mind if he sees it, who knows.

Indeed. Anyway report has been made:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198134901693-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.184766/

Thanks for advice. Will close this now

• Findiculous locked this topic

Archived