Is 17/18 keys enough for unusual trading?

TryHarx

After getting a small loan of 3 keys, finally traded up to 17 keys (1 more when Friend accepts the trade). Was wondering if I should go up to 20 and what to do next. Unusual trading seems really difficult and I’m clueless on what to do 

yes it is. However make good choices. In low tier trading it's very easy to end up with a very bad unusual. The more you wait the better but 17-18 keys is a good start. Good luck!

Use this guide. 

Not the best one out there for unusual trading but do go through it as you are fairly new to unusual trading should help as it has all details regarding scammers and all kinds of scams. As you buy your 1st unusual you will be targeted by scammers and this should help 
An updated version can be found here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353725346 

2 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Use this guide. 

Not the best one out there for unusual trading but do go through it as you are fairly new to unusual trading should help as it has all details regarding scammers and all kinds of scams. As you buy your 1st unusual you will be targeted by scammers and this should help 
An updated version can be found here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353725346 

yea got scammed before this :( thanks for the advice! Any tips for finding good deals and are there any unusual effects to avoid?

3 hours ago, HAWkEdx said:

yes it is. However make good choices. In low tier trading it's very easy to end up with a very bad unusual. The more you wait the better but 17-18 keys is a good start. Good luck!

Thanks!

1 minute ago, TryHarx said:

yea got scammed before this :( thanks for the advice! Any tips for finding good deals and are there any unusual effects to avoid?

There is a section for both questions you asked in the guide.

On 3/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, « SɱokEy » said:

When it comes to the question, what effects should you buy? I don’t have a good answer for you, any effect could be a good investment for the right price. 
But I will recommend do not buy effects like Bubbling, Dead Presidents, Massed Flies, Nuts n Bolts, Overclocked, Memory Leak, Confetti, Codex (I would also include power surge and Electrostatic here but that depends on the hats) and I would also recommend against Unusual Taunts as all of the taunts started dropping in price like rocks

Why? Because These effects that have a tiny visual impact in the game, Meaning from a distance you can barely see those effects and they can almost look like regular hats in-game
- From my personal experience, these effects are disliked the most and hardest to sell. But if you do happen to find good deals on this effect feel free to go for it.

Quote from the guide 

Read it fully ;)

9 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

There is a section for both questions you asked in the guide.

Quote from the guide 

Read it fully ;)

Oh sorry i skimmed through it when i was in tuition and haven't read it fully. Thanks!

well, for me i buy discounted unusuals and resell for full price, whether it's quicksell or not. It isn't so efficient, but it does make profit

One of my tactics is to set-up an automatic on your main and use that to automatically accept buy orders/sell orders.

For that low of an amount, you should restrict yourself to low-tier unusuals.

For example: I have made quite the profit from selling A Head Full of Hat Air's, they are quite good to start out with.

Archived