i accidentally broke a thing

kapper

i made a listing and took it off to fix a typo, then i listed the item again and the price changed because it thought multiple people were selling it. my description noted the price of the item after i broke it, but now that i've listed it the price dropped again. so backpack.tf admins don't ban me because the description doesn't match what i'm selling the item for, and change the price of the festivized australium stickybomb launcher back to 13.05. 

image.png

by the way this isn't some bad scam, i just didn't describe it well enough. what i'm trying to say is i sold the stickybomb launcher for 13.05 keys and it said it was invalid, so i said ok. then it didn't match my description, so i tried selling it again. then i just gave up and now my description doesn't match.

I read that many times over and still I have no idea wtf you are trying to say. If you don't like the description just change it, and if it says that you must wait an hour or two before relisting an item a cool "trick" is to simply close the listing by clicking the x and re-listing it as a new listing (Not as refresh) and then you can bypass the wait time. As for your actual description, its meant to add some description to the item in question. The description you placed is so aggressive and may ward off potential buyers like a mosquito repellent. 

if you find it difficult then just list it higher but in your desc you just explain your mistake and ask lower by adding you.there is nothing wrong if you list it higher and sell it lower.its wrong if you list it low but want to sell it higher than what you asked for

This whole thread just hurts my eyes.

Just relist it. You can't jump listings by using a lower price than you're willing to sell for.

Relist the item. Problem solved. Also, when you list items in classifieds it does not affect the price. Only sales apparently affect the price once put into a suggestion. Due to the fact bots are underselling everyone the prices are regularly dropping. If it appeared the price changed for you it was probably the website not rendering the decimal correctly or if at all.. Delete listing and start again :D Also you probably specified the price as 13.05 keys. Not 13 keys and 0.5 ref.?

You have listed the item for 13 keys and 0.11 ref, but you think the value  "13 keys 0.11 ref" is 13.1 key which is not. That is why every time you re-list the item for the same price bp.tf shows 13

Listing an item at 13 refined and 1 scrap = 13.11 refined. but
Listing an item at 13 keys and 1 scrap =/= 13.1 keys

0.1 key = approx 3.66 ref by today's key value.

So I'd recommend to re-list that item for 13 keys and 3.66 refined or 4 refined for it to show 13.1 keys as that is you Buyout price.
Or just list for 13 keys and update the notes to 13.

Listing at a lower price and asking for more in the notes is actually rule breaking but seeing that you are already aware of this rule, but just confused with how item values are shown in bp.tf its fine as of now. 
Please re-list the item as said above.

If you have trouble finding exact value of an item in keys/refined in decimals please use this website https://calculator.tf/

-------

To everyone who has commented above - If you do not understand what someone has written please ignore the post and move on instead of insulting them in a silly way. Even I did not understand what he meant while reading it for the 1st time but on checking the listing on bp.tf I was sure of what was the issue.

Archived