Question about the Ms7848 MOBO

Captainfluffy

my question is it compatible to use in different cases? if not what would be an alright mother board dat i can use same goes for the case. got a budget of like 150 euro atm.

Specs i got

Gtx 950 2gb (going to get a gtx 1060 3gb)

Core i5 4460 3.20 GHz (has stock cooler just in case some one wanted to know lol)

8 gb ram 

500 wat power supply of coolermaster

picture below of the "beast" dat's running the operation 

post-193760-0-21688300-1438458556.jpg

1 minute ago, FireballNitro said:

You would be better off asking in https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/. Would get your question answered much faster and with more expertise.

Thx for the response, tho i allready had a nice lad comment on my profile, and the MOBO wil fit, right now going to cash out all my keys and other stuff for case and better ram :D

3 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Thx for the response, tho i allready had a nice lad comment on my profile, and the MOBO wil fit, right now going to cash out all my keys and other stuff for case and better ram :D

Sounds great. I would recommend keeping an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for good deals on what you're looking for. I'd be patient, maybe wait a few weeks and see if you can snag whatever components you're looking for at a great price. Also, if there aren't a lot of upvotes and/or positive comments, it's probably not a good deal. 

PS: Make sure whatever RAM you get is compatible with your MOBO; there should be guides or programs online for that. 

21 minutes ago, FireballNitro said:

Sounds great. I would recommend keeping an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for good deals on what you're looking for. I'd be patient, maybe wait a few weeks and see if you can snag whatever components you're looking for at a great price. Also, if there aren't a lot of upvotes and/or positive comments, it's probably not a good deal. 

PS: Make sure whatever RAM you get is compatible with your MOBO; there should be guides or programs online for that. 

Any* DDR3 RAM will work just fine. 

*Technically not any, since registered ECC won't work, nor will SODIMMs, but he's not likely to run into either as both carry a hefty price premium. 

@Captainfluffy The motherboard is compatible with any case that supports an ATX motherboard (e.g. it is NOT supported in a case that ONLY supports mATX/mITX or smaller, nor will it work in a case that only supports BTX).

14 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Thx for all the great advice lads!

Sorry, it's actually an mATX board -- so it will fit in an mATX or ATX case (note that it will look small in an ATX case).

2 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Sorry, it's actually an mATX board -- so it will fit in an mATX or ATX case (note that it will look small in an ATX case).

Alright thx for headsup yet dat doenst really matter to me if it looks small ina atx case. More a big problem with air flow, ima get a picture in like a few mins so you can see the mess its so clogged up

2018-07-14_17.55.43.jpg

22 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Alright thx for headsup yet dat doenst really matter to me if it looks small ina atx case. More a big problem with air flow, ima get a picture in like a few mins so you can see the mess its so clogged up

2018-07-14_17.55.43.jpg

Airflow really shouldn't matter at all for a 950 + 4460.

On 15 July 2018 at 3:50 PM, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Airflow really shouldn't matter at all for a 950 + 4460.

Is it than more for better build's? ohh aswell ill be swapping out the gtx 950 with a 1060 3gb cause i am gettin it off a friend, i heard a few people say dat i have to unistalll drivers off nivdia or somthing like dat not sure why or how tho if you could help me with dat dat be great

16 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Is it than more for better build's? ohh aswell ill be swapping out the gtx 950 with a 1060 3gb cause i am gettin it off a friend, i heard a few people say dat i have to unistalll drivers off nivdia or somthing like dat not sure why or how tho if you could help me with dat dat be great

Air flow is "important" when you're dealing with high end components that produce a lot of heat -- although even then, it's not nearly as big of a concern as people make it out to be (and is certainly not a concern with a 950+4460 or 1060+4460).

You can just swap GPUs and update the drivers through Geforce Experience. It's more of a concern when you're switching from AMD to Nvidia. That said, if you have a problem -- e.g. crashes or lower performance than expected -- then you should run DDU to remove the all drivers and then install fresh drivers from Nvidia's page. 

7 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Air flow is "important" when you're dealing with high end components that produce a lot of heat -- although even then, it's not nearly as big of a concern as people make it out to be (and is certainly not a concern with a 950+4460 or 1060+4460).

You can just swap GPUs and update the drivers through Geforce Experience. It's more of a concern when you're switching from AMD to Nvidia. That said, if you have a problem -- e.g. crashes or lower performance than expected -- then you should run DDU to remove the all drivers and then install fresh drivers from Nvidia's page. 

Thx alot man!

Archived