Can you get banned on bp.tf for trading with Marked Accounts?

RaySzop

Hey there!

So I have traded with Marked account  Link: https://backpack.tf/u/76561198197320345

I have bought from him Jazzy Wrench for 5 Keys

Can I get banned/Marked for that? I havent seen he was marked (I just realised it few hours later). He told me I cant get banned because I havent bought anything worth 15keys+ from him... but idk if its true... 

Thanks For Help! 

There are some people banned for other reasons such as spamming or rudeness, but it is still okay to trade with them. A second part of our responsibilities is that we will discourage scamming by banning people who trade with scammers. To this end, we will employ the following set of ban durations -

If a trader unknowingly fails to meet these expectations, bans will be issued as follows:
(1) First offense - 3 days to 1 week depending on the severity of the action
(2) Second offense - 2 weeks to 2 months depending on the severity of the action
(3) Third offense - permanent ban (may be appealed after 6 months)

If a trader knowingly fails to meet these expectations and is found to intentionally trade with scammers, the ban will instantly be a permanent one.

I'm afraid that there still will be a punishment, even if you did not knowingly know that you were trading with an alternate account of a scammer.

As for the 15 key rule, that's a separate rule to do with the requirement of checking someone's reputation beforehand.

Edit: Ignore me - follow Woifi's response.

You only have to do background checks for trades with a total of 15 keys. If what you say is true then no, thats not above 15 keys.

1 minute ago, Mengh facepalms. said:

I'm afraid that there still will be a punishment, even if you did not knowingly know that you were trading with an alternate account of a scammer.

:( I just dont want get marked... Will it be permament or For few days? I heard about sexy sparta trading with a scammer and he got ban for few days:p 

Just now, Woifi The Viking said:

You only have to do background checks for trades with a total of 15 keys. If what you say is true then no, thats not above 15 keys.

Thanks For Information!

• RaySzop locked this topic

Archived