End of the line crate questions

XenSakura

I would like to unbox some end of the line crates, but first i want to know more about it as the wiki doesn't really tell me anything about them. Are the effects end of the line only? (if so, that'd be great). And can you only unbox EOTL unusuals on EOTL hats? or when you unbox, you have the chance to get a EOTL effect on a non-EOTL hat? (and how are there EOTL effects on non-EOTL hats?)

The reason that EOTL unusual effects only have about 0~5 in existence is due to valve removing EOTL effects from all crates. For example, if EOTL effects were unboxable, we would have seen, lets say a Morning Glory blast defense, that was released in the Rainy day case.

In conclusion, you probably won't get any EOTL effects even if it's a EOTL crate.

1 hour ago, Keks said:

The reason that EOTL unusual effects only have about 0~5 in existence is due to valve removing EOTL effects from all crates. For example, if EOTL effects were unboxable, we would have seen, lets say a Morning Glory blast defense, that was released in the Rainy day case.

In conclusion, you probably won't get any EOTL effects even if it's a EOTL crate.

This is incorrect.

If an EotL crate produces an unusual, it will be any hat from the regular unusual pool (i.e. nothing retired or from the cases) with one of the EotL effects. The reason most of the EotL effects are rare is a combination of having a massive pool of hats to draw from plus the fact that the effects only come from a singular crate which is not being opened very often nowadays (it's the same with the Robo Crate and the Robo effects).

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

This is incorrect.

If an EotL crate produces an unusual, it will be any hat from the regular unusual pool (i.e. nothing retired or from the cases) with one of the EotL effects. The reason most of the EotL effects are rare is a combination of having a massive pool of hats to draw from plus the fact that the effects only come from a singular crate which is not being opened very often nowadays (it's the same with the Robo Crate and the Robo effects).

Man, I really want to unbox some robo crates for the effects, but if you don‘t unbox an unusual you might as well have thrown the keys away. 

16 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

Man, I really want to unbox some robo crates for the effects, but if you don‘t unbox an unusual you might as well have thrown the keys away. 

True, from the collections nowadays you get items, which aren't completely worthless on a craft-hat level, which, of course, Robo/EOTL are :/

Edit: Well, you COULD get lucky on some items like a unique Cold Snap Coat and won't lose too much profit, but the pool(s) are just too big.

19 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

It's pretty much the same with the EotL crates, which is why people don't really unbox them anymore. At least with the robo crates, you can get most of your key back if you get the Pallet of Crates bonus item, and there are a few items worth a decent amount of refined like the Byted Beak and the Filimental.

11 hours ago, Keks said:

?  jokes on you

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/screenshots/?searchText=god-tier+unusual&browsefilter=toprated&filterLanguage=default

i unboxed this about 2 years ago.

EOTL works normally.you can unbox an EOTL effect with the EOTL hats/robo hats or random old hats/misc.

in that crate,it even has the pool party pyro taunt.unsure if you can unbox an unusual from there but i dont think so.

the only difference with unboxing now and when it just came out is that you wont get that blue EOTL tag.it doesnt add value unless on an expensive item if yoou really want to tho

Archived