Unsure on the kit fabricators I have

drcreepergirl

So I have a Professional kill streak bat kit fabricator that has a flames kill streak and a villainous violet sheen, which though I'm new to the trading scene seems to be pretty expensive because I was pretty sure flames was a high end kill streak but the backpack bot put it at around 1.3 ref. Then I also have a specialized kill streak hot hand kit fabricator which has a hot rod sheen which the bot placed at about 3 ref. Is this right or can I be getting way more for these items?

They're fabricators (unfinished) for low-end weapons. Ultimately the weapon it's for is gonna have more effect on the price than the killstreaker combo.

5 hours ago, KERPKEK said:

They're fabricators (unfinished) for low-end weapons. Ultimately the weapon it's for is gonna have more effect on the price than the killstreaker combo.

Here are reasons why it's priced so low:

1. It's a melee weapon. melee weapon kits or fabricators cost low since it's not so desirable as much as rocket launcher fabricators

2. It's a fabricator. Fabricators are sold for a few refs only, unless they are primary/secondary weapon fabs

3. Backpack.tf is not accurate in KS kits/fabricators. This leads to Backpack.tf giving all fabricators the same price depending on Pro, Spec, or Basic

19 minutes ago, Keks said:

3. Backpack.tf is not accurate in KS kits/fabricators. This leads to Backpack.tf giving all fabricators the same price depending on Pro, Spec, or Basic

Not really accurate. The bp.tf price is based on the SCM sales of that same fabricator, minus the effects (SCM doesn't separate sales of different effects).  Everything else you said is pretty much spot on.

To OP, flames is generally considered a lower tier effect only because the effect itself is poorly executed/look like crap in game (flames should have been a high tier effect). VV is the 2nd highest sheen though.

If you want to see what it is worth, do this: https://i.imgur.com/QgCl4mI.gifv and it will take you to that fabricator's SCM page where you can see the sales and current listings. 

7 hours ago, Keks said:

melee weapon kits or fabricators cost low since it's not so desirable as much as rocket launcher fabricators

What about a Professional Killstreak Kit for the knife for Spy? :thinking:

4 hours ago, Bocks said:

What about a Professional Killstreak Kit for the knife for Spy? :thinking:

Well, that's a different story. I meant melee for other classes

18 hours ago, KERPKEK said:

so now that I made it what do you think it'd be worth?

6 minutes ago, drcreepergirl said:

so now that I made it what do you think it'd be worth?

checck on the Steam Communit Market.see how much it was last sold for and see what buyers may buy it for.usuaally go for what sales has been

edit:According to the conversion from SCM to bp.tf,it shows 1.02 key. just check it in your bp.tf profile

6 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

checck on the Steam Communit Market.see how much it was last sold for and see what buyers may buy it for.usuaally go for what sales has been

edit:According to the conversion from SCM to bp.tf,it shows 1.02 key. just check it in your bp.tf profile

lol bp.tf isn't able to "access my steam inventory"

Archived