Did Someone just attempt to scam/Shark me?

Vintage Spy

So someone was willing to give me an item (worth 70 ish keys), which you can view herehttps://backpack.tf/item/6941248286 for my ENTIRE backpack, which to let you know, is worth 588 refined metal, for their item (73.64 keys according to backpack.tf's price), which is over 2000 refined!! Clearly I don't see how someone would be willing to just "buy" a backpack for something like that. Is there a glitch in backpack.tf? Is the price just super high for no reason? Or is this legitimately the best deal ever? (However it's most liikely a scam, but backpack.tf clearly shows the price as 73 keys)

Any Help??

It's not worth anywhere near that. It's getting the median sale price from the SCM.

WxUCeu8.png?1

Take a look at other grades of the same weapon:

5reQKJ5.png?1

Yes. It's a common scam using SCM manipulation.

What happens is someone takes an item with no listings (usually a skin and/or a killstreak item) and puts one up for an absurd price. Because the only ones on the market are that price, the scammer then tries to pass that off as the actual value of the item in an effort to get victims to trade with them.

The reason bp.tf currently shows that price is because for items like those, the website uses SCM recent purchases to display pricing because of the general instability of those item's prices. And someone did buy one of those items for several hundred dollars, either because they were being scammed themselves or were using the item to transfer wallet funds between accounts using the SCM.

Thank you, this person has apparently told me that they have done this before. As in, they've bought entire backpacks from 4 other people. It was during a trade window, but if I could talk to them outside of steam and ask them, they surely would say (and in turn admit to doing this again), so if that's the case, should I do that and report? 

and if they're scamming people out of hundreds of dollars, should they be banned?

yeah they should be banned but obvs, chat logs must be taken into consideration and screenshotted to find the guilty party

56 minutes ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

yeah they should be banned but obvs, chat logs must be taken into consideration and screenshotted to find the guilty party

So once I get screenshots should I post it here or make a new thread so that it actually gets noticed?

1 hour ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

link to their backpack.tf https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198362185176
link to the item's history https://backpack.tf/item/6941248286 
link to their steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198362185176/

sc1.PNG

sc2.PNG

If this is enough proof then let me know if it is or not

Seems pretty good but best if you put all that into an issue on his bp profile, it's the small red flag on their backpack.tf profile

1 hour ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Seems pretty good but best if you put all that into an issue on his bp profile, it's the small red flag on their backpack.tf profile

did you ask him for a SS if he got offered 30 pure on it?if he declines to show it,then tell him this'iff you got offered 30 pure,you should take it.your weapons is only a few cents'

Hmmm, interesting. This person even did it wearing an NGS tag. The player has been banned on our server before, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling shenanigans again.

well you can ban me i dont really care i didn't know the price of the air strike trading always been cancer either ways you can -rep me but you have to know i didn't know the price of it? tho i won it from a gambling site called tf2hunt so ban me at your will i cant do anything

23 minutes ago, dogerocket said:

well you can ban me i dont really care i didn't know the price of the air strike trading always been cancer either ways you can -rep me but you have to know i didn't know the price of it? tho i won it from a gambling site called tf2hunt so ban me at your will i cant do anything

That's some next-level bullshit. Nobody with any sort of trading familiarity thinks that skin would be worth more than a few ref.

3 hours ago, dogerocket said:

There are two polar inconsistencies with that excuse. 1: Either you naively thought thought the airstrike was worth the backpack.tf price of ~74 keys and you wouldn't trade it for an offer of far lesser value; or 2: you knew the skin is worth a few ref and you tried to shark/scam the user in question.

Now then, if you are a NGS regular then you hear trade talk pretty much 24/7 and you would definitely know that most skins, especially battle-scarred unless glitched, are worthless.

Forgot to mention, we're investigating right now. Doge has provided evidence for his side, and we're getting a hold of people who -rep or send a message to see if they can provide any additional proof. If you have any proof whatsoever, shoot me a DM as well and we'll get things situated. Thank you, my dudes.

I may have started this.

You see, i sold him my backpack first, and he offered me an unusual taunt.

Then he realized, buying backpacks is very, very profitable.

And now, he's trying to do it again by sharking people.

What have i started.

why did dogerocket do this? He's become really scummy lately, lowballing people and sometimes downright sharking them.

13 hours ago, dogerocket said:

Why did you do this?

You know as well as i do, that you tried to scam someone.

You've done this before. 
This isn't funny.

Stop it.

43 minutes ago, Mew2! said:

Why did you do this?

You know as well as i do, that you tried to scam someone.

You've done this before. 
This isn't funny.

Stop it.

some people have no remorse at all.in fact some are so cruel that they just taunt and laugh at the victim.they even tried threatening them.my impersonator was the worst!completely a scumbag.who know if dogerocket is the alt of my impersonator

It's a bit early to be pointing fingers, all things considered. Just got to wait things out to see what kind of evidence pops up.

22 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

some people have no remorse at all.in fact some are so cruel that they just taunt and laugh at the victim.they even tried threatening them.my impersonator was the worst!completely a scumbag.who know if dogerocket is the alt of my impersonator

yeah maybe

On 7/2/2018 at 12:22 AM, LSO said:

There are two polar inconsistencies with that excuse. 1: Either you naively thought thought the airstrike was worth the backpack.tf price of ~74 keys and you wouldn't trade it for an offer of far lesser value; or 2: you knew the skin is worth a few ref and you tried to shark/scam the user in question.

Now then, if you are a NGS regular then you hear trade talk pretty much 24/7 and you would definitely know that most skins, especially battle-scarred unless glitched, are worthless.

nah in NGS all i hear is people talking about random stuff and shit or thier just trying to selll unusual taunts and hats. so i dont no about skins they dont even sell them

11 minutes ago, dogerocket said:

lol its fuunny because ultra neb thinks i scammed people when i dont even talk to him neb. he is always a cunt and a over all toxic person trying to think he is a better person when he is not and thinking he knows everything

according on your untrust,you received an untrust for doing a spycrab scam.why are you lying?

10 hours ago, dogerocket said:

nah in NGS all i hear is people talking about random stuff and shit or thier just trying to selll unusual taunts and hats. so i dont no about skins they dont even sell them

You sure seem to have traded for a lot of skins in your backpack for a guy who doesn't know about skins.

So for that reason I'm calling shenanigans.

Also, you say:

On 7/2/2018 at 1:06 PM, dogerocket said:

well you can ban me i dont really care i didn't know the price of the air strike trading always been cancer either ways you can -rep me

No innocent party would ever say this. If I was being falsely accused for something I would be fighting tooth and claw to redeem my reputation, but this looks like you know you did wrong. And since there is a -rep of you running from a spycrab that is 6 months old and uncontested just shows you aren't to be a trusted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to lock this thread since it has derailed from its original topic.

If you believe that someone attempted to shark/scam you, feel free to report said user on the main site with evidence, and if you need anymore trading help you're free to ask here as well as in the trading channels of our discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/f5VS7cr

• ѕιи locked this topic
  • Vintage Spy unlocked and locked this topic

Archived