I got hijacked :I

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

Check my backpack, everything with value is gone. Somebody hijacked my account, I know who they are and linked it to 3 people.

Crysomething (I can't remember, still reported) PICA PICA and myrka. Stay away from these people.

If you check my profile my name is like that cause they're using my account to send hijack messages. I reported this to Valve and they'll get to me soon.

Don't call me an idiot, it can happen to anybody, and no need for negative comments.

Another fallen to obvious phishing links... Just saying that there isn't really excuses for this anymore. They are very widespread and well-known. There are even sites where you can check websites to see if they links are safe or if they are phising links, you just have to think.

Overall I'm sorry for your loss, I know how you feel. I've been sharked before and lost everything of value and had to work my way back up. It's really a pain and it feels like all you've done on TF2 were done for nothing and you wasted all that time. It is not a good feeling to feel.

Be sure to change your password and report it on Steamrep.com and check your inventory histories to find your items.

Hijacking isn't something to feel sorry for anymore, you dun goofed and now others are paying for it.

However I'm too worried about lowering the price on unusual team captains!

Hijacking isn't something to feel sorry for anymore, you dun goofed and now others are paying for it.

However I'm too worried about lowering the price on unusual team captains!

^Got the priorities straight 

I would feel bad, but arent you the one who said that nothing should be valued high? Who cares if some stuff got taken, its not like it was of any value to you since you want everything to be no more than a key

I would feel bad, but arent you the one who said that nothing should be valued high? Who cares if some stuff got taken, its not like it was of any value to you since you want everything to be no more than a key

Another fallen to obvious phishing links... Just saying that there isn't really excuses for this anymore. They are very widespread and well-known. There are even sites where you can check websites to see if they links are safe or if they are phising links, you just have to think.

Overall I'm sorry for your loss, I know how you feel. I've been sharked before and lost everything of value and had to work my way back up. It's really a pain and it feels like all you've done on TF2 were done for nothing and you wasted all that time. It is not a good feeling to feel.

Be sure to change your password and report it on Steamrep.com and check your inventory histories to find your items.

I checked the histories for most of my items, picked out the main guilty people. Is there any site that tells you every person to have any item you've ever owned? Cause I've been using the Outpost and it's not telling me everything.

I changed my password, yes, I'll get to Steam Rep

So how exactly did you change your name if you don't have access to your account :blink:

I do still have access, I think since I changed my password it should be good. I also reported the IP's to Valve so they should take care of that.

What are you saying? I never said that...

Wrong section. 

There's a pinned thread in the correct section you should have posted in. It is a thread I have linked to plenty of hijacked users, all have found it helpful. It's very detailed and informative. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1206-guide-to-recovering-hijacked-items/

So how exactly did you change your name if you don't have access to your account  :blink:

I would like to know as well. 

I thought Steamrep doesn't handle hijacked reports anymore

Wrong section. 

There's a pinned thread in the correct section you should have posted in. It is a thread I have linked to plenty of hijacked users, all have found it helpful. It's very detailed and informative. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1206-guide-to-recovering-hijacked-items/

I would like to know as well. 

Report these things in addition to telling the user about them; users can't move their own threads

I thought Steamrep doesn't handle hijacked reports anymore

They dont waste their time marking accounts that send phishing links. Since they are usually throw away or hijacked accounts. 

They still take in reports for accounts that are hijackers, selling hijacked items. Accounts that help the hijackers/scammers, traders who are a fence.  So you should report the accounts that are selling the items that have been hijacked. 

6FLjE.png

How does someone get hijacked anyways besides obvious phishing links? You're lucky your bp wasn't worth much.

Some instances of dumb smart people downloading a "hack" for tf2 to get "free hats" which actually is either a key logger of some sort which hacks your account though to a much lesser extend. Just never download anything especially rar files you dont know (y)

Most are just greedy traders tho fall for it tho:

1) you have a highball b/o no one is going to pay it why would someone pay it and tell you to add them?

2) free hats? really that's essentially free money why would people spread it like fire?

You won't find out if it comes to private BP's or very very quick sales that people unload to a "legit" buyer

I saw my trade history

Some instances of dumb smart people downloading a "hack" for tf2 to get "free hats" which actually is either a key logger of some sort which hacks your account though to a much lesser extend. Just never download anything especially rar files you dont know (y)

Most are just greedy traders tho fall for it tho:

1) you have a highball b/o no one is going to pay it why would someone pay it and tell you to add them?

2) free hats? really that's essentially free money why would people spread it like fire?

No, it was a phishing link that was actually quite convincing.

How does someone get hijacked anyways besides obvious phishing links? You're lucky your bp wasn't worth much.

Yeah, my bp didn't have a 10 bud unusual, but it still had like 200$ worth of items. The said a friend of theirs' wanted to add me and gave a steam community link for me to add them. Turns out it was steancommunity.com and unfortanutely I don't have  such a good eye for those things. Also, out of the blue friend requests are normal for me since I use the outpost a lot.

Report these things in addition to telling the user about them; users can't move their own threads

Woah. Never noticed there's a report button. It's nicely hidden

Archived