Thoughts on Kim Jong Un's sudden change of heart

Axiom Unknown

I want to hear your thoughts on the sudden and unexpected 180 turn that Kim Jong made within a span of a few months. This is a good sign, but most people probably believe that he's doing this to get support and will just go back to being the dictator he has been. What do you guys think?

“As it turns out....Kim is not just good at maximum pressure, he’s also pretty good at maximum engagement.” - Jung Pak, former U.S. intelligence officer.

20 hours ago, Zea (Busy) said:

he's doing this to get support and will just go back to being the dictator he has been

Kim prob realized that if everyone dies from starvation and poverty he would lose power, so he's trying to get help from other nations by acting good and would proby do another 180 when he feels like hes gotten enough.

I watched a video on this and this has been a continuing cycle of Threat, promise, break promise.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

No change in heart, that's for sure. Kim just wanted attention and popularity to remain in power. 

If we take a look at NK's official newspaper online, they say that they want to reunify the korean peninsula, but when NK and SK started to get along, the US fueled more hatred with military training in the border. Now, should I buy this? 50% yes, 50% no. The US has a long-ass history of not minding it's own business, especially in one particular continent for over thirty years now (or more). But on the other hand, NK is a propaganda-filled dictatorship, and whatever the government says about their intentions isn't what they're really planning.

Both countries aren't saints.

Archived