Why when you sell an item to a bot for a low price than the right price the bot actually accept it? Instead of decline it?

lucaslego

i know it is our fault to put the wrong amount. But can't the bot decline it?

Long time ago i've sent a trade to a bot, but then i've put the wrong/low amount of refineds "accidently" instead of the right price the bot was offering and then he actually accepted the wrong price.

I've contacted to the owner of the bot about the issue, he didn't gave a damn and deleted the comment on his profile i have told about the issue.

1 hour ago, lucaslego said:

Long time ago i've sent a trade to a bot, but then i've put the wrong/low amount of refineds "accidently" instead of the right price the bot was offering and then he actually accepted the wrong price.

I've contacted to the owner of the bot about the issue, he didn't gave a damn and deleted the comment on his profile i have told about the issue.

This was your mistake, there really isn't much else too it. If the user you traded with (bot or not, that doesn't matter) wants to be an extra nice person and give you the difference back then they can, but by no means are they, or should they, be required too. Mistakes with trade offers is a big reason Steam forced everyone to start using mobile authenticator (after the main issue of being scammed or course), use it in the future to double check your trades.

Best thing you can do is to never trade with that bot/user again. If they piss enough people off, then they will change or fail.

2 hours ago, lucaslego said:

I have had a similar problem when some time ago when I traded for an unique version of an item instead of a genuine one (ofc I paid the price of the genuine version) and just instantly accepted on mobile. Lost 10 refineds. Learnt my lesson to actually check stuff on mobile. 

How do you get the stuff back? Go back to trading and earn it again.

19 minutes ago, Rohen Tahir said:

I have had a similar problem when some time ago when I traded for an unique version of an item instead of a genuine one (ofc I paid the price of the genuine version) and just instantly accepted on mobile. Lost 10 refineds. Learnt my lesson to actually check stuff on mobile. 

How do you get the stuff back? Go back to trading and earn it again.

exactly, this is an alert to be more careful while trading with someone, principally bots

1 hour ago, 42isTooShort said:

This was your mistake, there really isn't much else too it. If the user you traded with (bot or not, that doesn't matter) wants to be an extra nice person and give you the difference back then they can, but by no means are they, or should they, be required too. Mistakes with trade offers is a big reason Steam forced everyone to start using mobile authenticator (after the main issue of being scammed or course), use it in the future to double check your trades.

Best thing you can do is to never trade with that bot/user again. If they piss enough people off, then they will change or fail.

so everything i can do now is be more careful while trading with someone or bots. Well thanks for this information

Archived