Flat key price ?

☣Long218☢

once again, it is not backpack.tf's responsibility to slow down the rise of key prices.  its responsibility is to accurately dictate the current values they are traded at.  let's keep doing that.

It isn't bp.tf's responsibility but this community has already put in place several instruments of self regulation.  Valve did not make keys the trading currency that it is, the trading community did.  In that way, the community can take the responsibility upon itself to deal with this.  bp.tf wouldn't be taking an action at all, not if the community came to some form of consensus.

Your correct Long, it can not have a range but how do you adjust it if need be?

In that way, the community can take the responsibility upon itself to deal with this.  bp.tf wouldn't be taking an action at all, not if the community came to some form of consensus.

And an admin can (and should) reject the suggestion for not being accurate.

It isn't bp.tf's responsibility but this community has already put in place several instruments of self regulation.  Valve did not make keys the trading currency that it is, the trading community did.  In that way, the community can take the responsibility upon itself to deal with this.  bp.tf wouldn't be taking an action at all, not if the community came to some form of consensus.

Your correct Long, it can not have a range but how do you adjust it if need be.

A range:

Low end: common SUCCESSFUL BUYER

High end: common SUCCESSFUL SELLER

By the way, Valve has economists. They didn't make keys a currency my foot.

A range:

Low end: common SUCCESSFUL BUYER

High end: common SUCCESSFUL SELLER

When did they say that the key shall become currency?  When did they set its initial trade rate?  Is it implied somehow?  Cmon, traders decided to make keys, bills and buds into currency not Valve.

Valve put an economist on their staff waaaay after they introduced the key + item drop system. The first thing he did was to study the mess that is the hatconomy, not meddle in it.

EDIT: ninja'd

And an admin can (and should) reject the suggestion for not being accurate.

I do mean the whole community, at least a representation of it.  Admins included.

I do mean the whole community, at least a representation of it.  Admins included.

In which case, the site would show a clear bias and its credibility would be lost.

Keys had a flat price before. I haven't been really checking the market but back then people did try to buy for 2 scraps less and sell for 2 scraps more, so pretty much what still happens now.

Keys had a flat price before. I haven't been really checking the market but back then people did try to buy for 2 scraps less and sell for 2 scraps more, so pretty much what still happens now.

In reading thru item suggestion commentary, it seems to be common practice to ignore proofs which are quick-buyers.  They are not typically used to show end buyer price points and do not represent the actual "retail" value.

In which case, the site would show a clear bias and its credibility would be lost.

I believe that, amongst players and player/traders, the trading community itself has lost credibility.  People hurl their comments at bp.tf because this site is the community's price guide for most.  Those comments are not actually being made against bp.tf as much as they are against the community.

Archived