Price of Strangifiers

Tiu

Okay, I'm a strangifier maker/combiner/lover but it doesn't make any sense whenever i try to sell it.

There's no actual price or anything, some people even try to guess the price because that's what it looks like.

Some people convert the real currency to metal.

Any help?

There are no set prices for chem sets or non-pomson/bacon grease strangifiers (or for fabricator sets for that matter) because the ingredients required to craft them vary wildly in value. The price is what the market is willing to pay. For the old strangifiers, that's a pretty penny these days even though the new ones are a dime a dozen. The only "set" prices are for the final strangified item. Specialized and Pro kits may not ever have a set price because the sheen and effect vary from item to item.

I recently ended up several strangifiers/chem sets.  I was able to sell them all, here's how I price them:

I take the price of the strange misc that said strangifier is intended for, and subtract the price of the misc.  This leaves you with the price to strangify the misc (more or less).  Generally, this is intended for people who want the actual item, not for those who want to craft the strange and resell for profit.  If I found it difficult to sell the strangifier for that price, I'd subtract the high-end price of the misc from the strange, or slowly drop the price (but not by too much).

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Edit:

For Chem Sets I do a similar thing, I calculate the price of the strangifier it makes, then subtract the input ingredients.  Same deal here, might have to drop the price a touch to get a buyer.  If a set is way more expensive (eg, S. Kritz -> Prof. Speks, I try to ditch the set for .33).

Don't even get me started on fabs, that's a whole different game because they all cost the same to complete, but obviously the weapon/effect combo determines the price.

Don't even get me started on fabs, that's a whole different game because they all cost the same to complete, but obviously the weapon/effect combo determines the price.

Valid point. My experience with them is skewed because I only assemble kits I have acquired in a partially preassembled state.

And my experience selling strangifiers has been quite similar, but by this point I'm not in a hurry to sell my old strangifiers, so I just let the price be and bump my trade.

Archived