I need major help for trading

Statloco

I have roughly 4 keys and ~17 ref about to get more to!

I really want to trade up to an unusual but idk how can someone help me out

<3

If u want to add me on steam feel free - Statloco

Or don't. Play tf2 for the fun of it. And go use your mom's credit card to buy the unusual you want from marketplace. 

If you have to ask on forums how to trade, you aren't cut out for trading. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm just giving you a warning. 

Just now, Smileyman56 said:

If you have to ask on forums how to trade, you aren't cut out for trading. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm just giving you a warning. 

I wouldn't agree with this at all.

Most people who are currently good at trading have, at one point or another, been helped out by someone who knew more about trading. 

The sooner in your trading career you solicit help from more experienced (and successful) traders, the better.

There's no impossible difficulty curve (trading is very easy) or actual barrier preventing him from starting to trade, and he's made the best possible start by asking for help from those more experienced.

2 hours ago, Smileyman56 said:

it’s a forum about trading, it’s a perfect place to ask.

Not sure what you are on about..

i suggest u try buying hats and miscs from scrap.tf that are for a good price and than sell them to bots on bp.tf classifies. Untill you can get to unusual trading. Or you can start quickbuying unusual taunts 

2 minutes ago, Phink said:

i suggest u try buying hats and miscs from scrap.tf that are for a good price and than sell them to bots on bp.tf classifies. Untill you can get to unusual trading. Or you can start quickbuying unusual taunts 

for example this dictator. ez scrap and there are better deals

Screenshot 2018-05-01 at 11.28.56.png

Screenshot 2018-05-01 at 11.28.44.png

If you need help trading, I would recommend joining the bp.tf discord here https://discordapp.com/invite/f5VS7cr or other tf2 trading discords. You can get fast feedback on trades and ask for opinions on trades before you make them. Definitely the best resource for new traders.

As someone who has gained over 1.5k$ in a year since I began trading I will give you some SERIOUS advice. It is in your very very best interest you listen carefully. This is what I recommend. If you have 4 keys right now, you are just the tiniest bit short of buying a unusual taunt. The taunt you could get is going to be pretty fugly, but an unusual is an unusual. I DO not recommend you begin trading, unlike some of the other decently high tier traders who have commented here, and thats because I know the community all too well. Although I started trading a year ago from scratch and have made it this far, I have had years and years of trading experience before, and I STILL ended up losing so much profit at the start. I’m going to be perfectly honest, the tf2 community and trading scene is so unique, so complex that you will never master it unless you have been trading for also 1.5 years. I GUARANTEE that. I still am learning new stuff every day. And until you are fully competent you are at SUCH a high risk of being tricked, scammed deceived or even sharked. I wish I could tell you everything I’ve picked up in trading, some other might be able to tell you more, but we all don’t have time to teach a new trader to see him make a key or two. So here is my HONEST advice. Trade a bit more and get 5 keys. Then buy a decent unusual taunt. Or if you want a good unusual hat and some weapons spend 100$ and I’ll find you something you’ll love till the end of time. It won’t even be my items so don’t worry I won’t be making any profit, I’ll simply show you the best deal I could find using my resources. So please, I know this has become rather long but I what to say is don’t trade. It’s ridiculously time consuming and you will NOT make any significantly profit for a LONG time. If you get 5 keys then buy a unu taunt. If you want more ask your mom for a 100$ and come talk to me. Thanks.

I remember back in the olden days, I was at my grandma's house looking up what the actual fuck a refined metal was and what the conversions were. After that I bought about 40 keys with steam gift cards and bought a bunch of worthless crap because well, I was 14 and you could trade keys right after you bought them from the market. Now it comes more naturally after almost 5 years. Ah, the times a fricken' sweet ninja hood was worth almost half a key. But hell, there are way more experienced people out there and it just takes time and practice.

All this advice not to start... so stupid, I’d recommend buying some more keys buy item as a discount sell for pure or overpay unusual qs etc. watch guides on YouTube, I traded decently before it’s really easy once you get the hang of it which could take time. But screw the advice of people saying you can’t do it because I know you can if you put the time in

There is a simple way to get more keys which will later enable you get a low tier unusual. It's called buying items and cosmetics when demand is low and the price of the item in ref or keys is low. Then wait until prices start to raise again.

You will also need a ton of patience and i mean a lot of patience because it can sometimes take weeks or months to sell for more than what you bought it for.

I suggest checking out the classified listings for items and cosmetics and see if bots are selling it for cheap prices.

Once you get to low tier unusual trading the same method can be applied by buying unusuals for a low price also known as a quicksell and then to sell the unusual/unusuals for a higher price than what you bought the unusual/unusuals for.

The downside is that it takes a long time to make profit but the good thing is that your profit will increase substantially even if it takes you months or years to get there. 

Oh and stay clear of unusual taunts they are pretty much useless as of now

instead trade up to an unusual cosmetic. When you start out unusual trading most of the hats and effects are garbage so it can be difficult to sell the cosmetics but eventually once you get of low tier unusual trading it will become much easier.

whne i was starting trading my best way to make profit it was buying a lot and i meqan a lot of low price items like hats of 1-4 ref in bulk asking for a discount, also never count paints in hats and i dont recomend buying spells it can be a little tricky at the start

Archived