Lower the key price

BoboDaFilthy

Okay, in my opinion the key price at the moment is too high. The price should be around 10 ref, more or less, because there are new players and is very hard for them. And 27 ref is exaggerated, way too high for new players.

This is just my opinion so yeah, no hate.

I’ll give you a tldr on why the price is high. Red is unlimited easy to produce item that has no use asides from currency. Keys are also unlimited but require money, $2.5, to get more into the supply and are being used for something asides from currency, unboxing. Ref becomes worthless over time while keys are stagnant for real world money. In reality, key price isn’t going up but ref is going down.

I'm confused by the "new players" part?

Surely most would just buy the hats they want or buy keys to convert into ref?

Unless you are attempting to say "new traders" instead which in that case would just be a little of a biased opinion.

Just my 2 cents :)

also all the idling bots mean that there's huge amounts of these bots creating then converting ref to keys. That's why keys dropped like 10 ref after 200,000 idling accounts were banned

14 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

I’ll give you a tldr on why the price is high. Red is unlimited easy to produce item that has no use asides from currency. Keys are also unlimited but require money, $2.5, to get more into the supply and are being used for something asides from currency, unboxing. Ref becomes worthless over time while keys are stagnant for real world money. In reality, key price isn’t going up but ref is going down.

I see, ty for the tldr

You and most other idiotic F2P make me disgusted,

You think just because backpack.tf has the price set at 10 refined metal people will sell at that. This displays what things sell for, meaning records what keys are selling for freely. I don't think you get supply and demand either like you stated a lot of players are coming into the game trying to trade, demand for keys goes up (As refined does not sell well for PP and it's not stable), demand for ref goes down, prices go up on keys to where people would actually sell for ref, people record these sales submit to backpacp.tf and there is the price of keys (which changes often). 

Hopefully, that somewhat helped 

19 hours ago, BoboDaFilthy said:

Okay, in my opinion the key price at the moment is too high. The price should be around 10 ref, more or less, because there are new players and is very hard for them. And 27 ref is exaggerated, way too high for new players.

This is just my opinion so yeah, no hate.

Go sell all your keys for 10 ref and then trace the keys via history.  That'll demonstrate perfectly to you why the price of keys can't just be lowered by manipulating a number on bp.tf.

Hurr durr,

Gib free money plox i want to only gib 42 weps for one key okay tenku bye

Edit: when keys were 2.33 kek and dont check my maths pls

Your proposal sounds great! Care to make the first move? I'll buy your keys at your price of ten ref, make sure to hit me up and the rest of the tf2 community!

Archived