Maybe a new scam?A warning to those who don't know!

metablack20109vr

So i have a screenshot of a vintage max heads on my steam account,and i got this type of comment twice on the screenshot:

EDIT:DONT CLICK THE LINKS IF YOU SCARED,IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH YOUR COMPUTERS AND STUFF,THIS IS JUST WARNING IF YOU SEE THIS KIND OF STUFF POSTED IN YOUR ACCOUNT,JUST IGNORE IT AND DELETE THE COMMENT!Also,i clicked the links,and it's a blank page,so i assume it's safe.

This account is associated with the theft of other user’s Steam accounts. 

This account has been flagged by Steam Support for the theft of other users’ Steam accounts. This activity is a violation of the Terms of Service Agreement. Account functionality will automatically be restricted after 12 hours by the time on issuing this report.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please make an appeal respectively and contact Steam Official S­i­r­ ­­J­o­n­a­s to assist you on it.

More info on this topic is available here:
Steam Community Guide Fraud Prevention. 

Ticket ref: 

This is well done to be honest,Newbies will mostlikely fall for this kind of things.

I know you might think this scamming method is old,in fact,it's modern version of an old one,not very common,but hey,no need to comment,just warning some newbies! ;)

don't know but, maybe just remove all the links and stuff people might click it and get hijacked..

Not sure if it are malicious links, just remove em

DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS IN THIS POST

The user who posted this had left 2 links at the bottom but I believe they are links to malware, I myself have not clicked them but when i went to metablack20109vr's backpack heres what I found

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198069268528

I find it funny that a user who posts about "NEW SCAM METHOD WATCH OUT" is actually banned from trading with scammers

16 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

don't know but, maybe just remove all the links and stuff people might click it and get hijacked..

Not sure if it are malicious links, just remove em

i did open them,they are safe,maybe they are there just to make it look 'legit'.

3 minutes ago, saveriocello said:

DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS IN THIS POST

The user who posted this had left 2 links at the bottom but I believe they are links to malware, I myself have not clicked them but when i went to metablack20109vr's backpack heres what I found

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198069268528

I find it funny that a user who posts about "NEW SCAM METHOD WATCH OUT" is actually banned from trading with scammers

Bro what are you talking about?im banned for trading with a scammer not for being a scammer,next time read properly,and i said,the links are safe.

Make sure you don't jump into judging people so fast,it makes you look like a fool.

Cheers!

25 minutes ago, metablack20109vr said:

i did open them,they are safe,maybe they are there just to make it look 'legit'.

if u just replace the link with it just saying (link) first off we don't know dat the link's are malicious  we assume so seeing u don't have many post's and have a tag. and you might just try spreading it or doing it by accident.. either way just remove em. never post any links which seem out of the ordinary really, you might have clicked you might have gotten said malicious software installed with out you knowing, just *sigh* don't put link's i na post dat are not nesecessary, end of discussion. it might be proof it might be dat, but for us it looks like just phishing links just waiting for another grab

8 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

if u just replace the link with it just saying (link) first off we don't know dat the link's are malicious  we assume so seeing u don't have many post's and have a tag. and you might just try spreading it or doing it by accident.. either way just remove em. never post any links which seem out of the ordinary really, you might have clicked you might have gotten said malicious software installed with out you knowing, just *sigh* don't put link's i na post dat are not nesecessary, end of discussion. it might be proof it might be dat, but for us it looks like just phishing links just waiting for another grab

First of all,i said New scam Method,so i copy pasted the whole comment i received and clearly said it might be a new scam,2nd,when i say it's safe,it's because i clicked it and analysed it,it's not a phising link asking you for a pass,it doesnt ask you to download and open something,there is nothing running in the background and not any plugin installed via this,it's literaly a blank page,maybe you don't have enough knowledge about this,but don't jump into conclusions,anyway i prefer to keep it raw,report it to admins or mods,if i was trying to scam on a account made in 2012 and and have around 3000 hours in TF2 and around 1000 in csgo,i will be very stupid specialy ulpoading it on a trading forum,anyway,Have a good day, and stay safe!it's good that you beware like this at least,good for your safety i guess!

Here is what happens when you open the links,to those who are wondering and to those who told im trying to scam.

Now if you tell me this imgur screenshot is a scam,please delete your browser :P

56 minutes ago, metablack20109vr said:

Bro what are you talking about?im banned for trading with a scammer not for being a scammer,next time read properly,and i said,the links are safe.

Make sure you don't jump into judging people so fast,it makes you look like a fool.

Cheers!

First off, if your banned with trading scammers then you obliviously work with them, so that's why it would make sense that you'd wanna spread the links 

12 minutes ago, metablack20109vr said:

Here is what happens when you open the links,to those who are wondering and to those who told im trying to scam.

https://imgur.com/AId141K

https://imgur.com/a/H6awn

Now if you tell me this imgur screenshot is a scam,please delete your browser :P

Secondly the URL to the "links" you have in your screenshots contain an extra / that invalidates the links. since if you hover over the original two in the post (I will not paste them here) they do not contain the / at the end

21 minutes ago, saveriocello said:

First off, if your banned with trading scammers then you obliviously work with them, so that's why it would make sense that you'd wanna spread the links 

Secondly the URL to the "links" you have in your screenshots contain an extra / that invalidates the links. since if you hover over the original two in the post (I will not paste them here) they do not contain the / at the end

Those arent even meant to be links, theyre meant to be an "authentication code" or some bs to make it look more legit.

Don't post dodgy links anywhere on these forums. This is clearly a scam method, and by copy pasting those links for people on the forums to click them and claiming they do nothing, you're helping the scammers gain access to more victims.

• ѕιи locked and unlocked this topic
  • ѕιи locked this topic

Archived