Pass me the bat shark repellent Robin

LoneReborn

So I'm a semi experienced trader but due to my low steam level I do tend to get sharked (well they try). oifhk.jpg.8c2cde2c199bbc00be8785e83e374e3e.jpg

I posted a PC on Reddit for a  Spelled bills. (Not saying which one to avoid more sharks). I know they used to go for around 8 keys just wanted to get a more updated price (which turns out to be around 4-6 keys depending on buyer).

Then I get this trade. Keep in mind I'm not selling this for a while.Screenshot_20180323-194508.thumb.png.e3b4df21b8fe5f8fda7b80346c8afaf6.png

What's the funniest shark attempt you've had?

1 minute ago, KAITO said:

That is not a shark.

It is based on the messages he also sent me trying to confirm that was the correct price 

3 hours ago, SantiHN said:

Calling an offer for a spelled item as a shark? Huh, well, i'm not sure how you would determine that. 

Sharks do manipulate/ attempt to manipulate 'victims' by faking information. Theoretically if it's well known a price is about there, and the person claims 3 keys is normal, that is price manipulation and a shark.

58 minutes ago, RED265 said:
4 hours ago, SantiHN said:

Calling an offer for a spelled item as a shark? Huh, well, i'm not sure how you would determine that. 

Sharks do manipulate/ attempt to manipulate 'victims' by faking information. Theoretically if it's well known a price is about there, and the person claims 3 keys is normal, that is price manipulation and a shark.

Yeah since unlike some spelled items a bills is quite a rare item spell prices are well determined for them. My price check was really to confirm what I knew and see if it had changed at all since I'd last seen it sold.

Sharking has a very fine line in this community in general, personally I wouldn't see this example as sharking because they haven't tried to deceive you (or at least you haven't provided proof of that). Spelled items can be viewed by some people as valuable and some disagree, perhaps they didn't think so? Thanks for not starting a witchhunt but we could do with a screenshot or 2 (uncropped) of the chatlog where they've tried to manipulate you (I wouldn't advise posting it here, if you do can you block out the name/other info so they don't get hunted) It would be better to send a message directly here, discord or on Steam to one of the report admins. Otherwise this is just a lowball, a trader trying to get lucky. It happens to most of us!

If you want to report an user for malicious behaviour report him via the main site, don't start forum threads without concrete evidence.

Here is how: 

• Woifi The Viking locked this topic

Archived