The absolute state of modern TF2 trading

Horsestepping

21 minutes ago, Horsestepping said:

I know it's his hat so he can sell it for whatever he likes, but c'mon now:

Im so confused what this collage is?

You offered your merryweather which u paid (?) pure for, for a knifestorm fro and he declined it, so u put in a 3 year old suggestion of it going down?

Just looks like an incoherent mess of pictures put together :wacko:

Also what in the everloving heck is that profile pic

1 hour ago, Kimika-chan said:

Just looks like salt. C'mon now.

1. He types like a neanderthal, forcing anyone he speaks with to sit there and decipher it for several minutes. He then gets angry when you "waste his time" because you couldn't respond immediately.
  2. He insists his hat is worth two hundred keys when every trade done so far is within the 80 - 90 key range. I understand a desirable hat with no other sellers having a higher price (probably not 100% higher), but his isn't even the only one in existence.
  3. He then has the walnuts to try and tell me to my face "your hat isn't even worth 77 keys" when it sold on the Marketplace for way above that... more than one time.
  4. His effect (knifestorm) doesn't average a higher price than mine (poisoned shadows), making his massive inflation even more of a mystery. Even the hat itself, despite being retired, only averages sales at 34 keys while my hat (not retired) averages 41 keys. "It's just not for sale" would be less frustrating for every person involved and this thread wouldn't exist.
  5. He proceeds to "delete the evidence" on his profile for whatever reason, presumably because he doesn't want potential buyers to see what he acts like.
  6. He also has another goddamn hat I was interested in, just sitting on it, that nobody in the entire world has any hope of ever touching. It's also 1:1, forever.

This guy's not the source of every evil in the trading community, but he's one hell of a symptom. tl;dr yes, of course I'm fucking salty.

He displays it as a not for sale unless someone pays 200 keys, i dont know what all of this chickenshit is about, but if he lists as a not for sale then dont brag about it.

So let me get this straight, you're salty that he declined your offer, so you decided to create a forum thread to badmouth him?

I've seen a similar type of behaviour with the F2P kids that lashed out at me for not lowering my price of an item they wanted to buy, but at least they didn't go as far as you trying to make someone look bad in public.

Despicable. This thread should honestly be deleted.

It's funny because a month ago i approached you to buy your merryweather for a reasonable price, and you blasted off at me calling my 80-100 offers lowballs. Then you proceeded to take advantage of the situation and ask for my chiroptera or arcana luchadore, saying you wouldn't absolutely add anything, and you personally value the merry over 200 keys. What you're doing here is no different. You're just a salty, unrealistic kid who couldn't get what he wanted and started drama over it.

10 hours ago, Horsestepping said:

1. He types like a neanderthal, forcing anyone he speaks with to sit there and decipher it for several minutes. He then gets angry when you "waste his time" because you couldn't respond immediately.
  2. He insists his hat is worth two hundred keys when every trade done so far is within the 80 - 90 key range. I understand a desirable hat with no other sellers having a higher price (probably not 100% higher), but his isn't even the only one in existence.
  3. He then has the walnuts to try and tell me to my face "your hat isn't even worth 77 keys" when it sold on the Marketplace for way above that... more than one time.
  4. His effect (knifestorm) doesn't average a higher price than mine (poisoned shadows), making his massive inflation even more of a mystery. Even the hat itself, despite being retired, only averages sales at 34 keys while my hat (not retired) averages 41 keys. "It's just not for sale" would be less frustrating for every person involved and this thread wouldn't exist.
  5. He proceeds to "delete the evidence" on his profile for whatever reason, presumably because he doesn't want potential buyers to see what he acts like.
  6. He also has another goddamn hat I was interested in, just sitting on it, that nobody in the entire world has any hope of ever touching. It's also 1:1, forever.

1. If it was not for sale then don't offer on it. Also, you cannot expect people to show respect towards you when you are  at this level of salt
2. Old sales at 80-90 keys don't matter when the hat is 3 years outdated, its the owners wish to list it at any price Even I would value that fro at 200 if it was mine.

3. https://marketplace.tf/items/182;5;u76 I don't see any sales?  https://backpack.tf/item/4270696388 - 0 sales on mp.tf

4. You may value poisoned shadows better than knife storm but personally, i'd say knife storm > P shadows [Avg value is just something that is set on bp.tf based on every hat with that effect]

5. He proceeds to "delete the evidence" on his profile????????? hmm even I would delete salty trash comments 

6. If someone is selling a hat respect their B/O or try negotiating a deal instead of getting salty (if you really want the hat) bp.tf prices won't matter in most cases if the hat is 1 of 1 

9 hours ago, Beaser said:

He displays it as a not for sale unless someone pays 200 keys, i dont know what all of this chickenshit is about, but if he lists as a not for sale then dont brag about it.

This here is very well said. ^ Read it please @Horsestepping

40 minutes ago, Fishtail said:

It's funny because a month ago i approached you to buy your merryweather for a reasonable price, and you blasted off at me calling my 80-100 offers lowballs. Then you proceeded to take advantage of the situation and ask for my chiroptera or arcana luchadore, saying you wouldn't absolutely add anything, and you personally value the merry over 200 keys. What you're doing here is no different. You're just a salty, unrealistic kid who couldn't get what he wanted and started drama over it.

oh wow.

10 hours ago, Horsestepping said:

This guy's not the source of every evil in the trading community, but he's one hell of a symptom. tl;dr yes, of course I'm fucking salty.

lol :D

Also to anyone who didnt understand what his posted pic is

It shows a screenshot of him paying 77 pure for the P.shadow and then he shows a suggestion which never got accepted for the fro at 73-88 (avg 80) to show both the hats value around the same and the rest are just chat screenshots and idk why he edited of the name in 1 pic when its seen on the 2nd screenshot. 
and he is mad because he wanted to do a  1:1 trade for the knife strom fro with his p.shadows marryweather when the onwer of the fro has not listed it for sale but has a note on it saying not for sale unless you pay 200 pure.

3 minutes ago, AD⚡HD said:

I’m so confused 

Read this below! ;) 

5 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Also to anyone who didnt understand what his posted pic is

It shows a screenshot of him paying 77 pure for the P.shadow and then he shows a suggestion which never got accepted for the fro at 73-88 (avg 80) to show both the hats value around the same and the rest are just chat screenshots and idk why he edited of the name in 1 pic when its seen on the 2nd screenshot. 
and he is mad because he wanted to do a  1:1 trade for the knife strom fro with his p.shadows marryweather when the onwer of the fro has not listed it for sale but has a note on it saying not for sale unless you pay 200 pure.

1 hour ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Read this below! ;) 

Yes, please read how this guy looked at my image and didn't bother counting it, then decided to write shit anyway.

The hat isn't 77 keys, it's 110.  That's what's in the image and what the guy who put it up there bought it for (he had screenshots too, I'll have to hunt him down to get them.) Hence why @Fishtail was blown off when he offered 80 keys (he never offered 100, believe me) and is now trying to save face. If he is who I think he is, he had a temper tantrum when I wouldn't give him a 20% discount so his comment on this thread is as void as the space in his skull.

Your next thought is probably "but aren't you asking for a discount like @Fishtail did?" and it's wrong. If anything I thought I was over-offering on a hat that backpack suggests is 89 keys, which is apparently not for sale. Where are people getting the information it's not for sale? Certainly not the guy himself; he was happy to yank my chain when I was offering on it, and if he immediately said "I don't want to sell this hat" this thread wouldn't exist. No, this bill of no sale is on some profile that I still can't find. It's not on his Steam profile or anywhere on the backpack site. If it's some bonehead paid feature then expecting me to know about it is also fucking void.

The point of all this kvetching really, is the hat trading scene is packed with autists who don't negotiate or actually want to play market. They want to have a rare hat, sit on it, not use or trade it, then try to inflate the value by +300% as the years pass. And apparently this autism is contagious, because now I'm here complaining about it.

what is going on I cant understand this collage at all. why is the fresh prince there?? too confusing for new players

• Administrators

The forums aren't for starting flame wars or bitching about users, do that in private to your friends.

• Teeny Tiny Cat locked this topic

Archived