Keys price restriction for all users

Pasdenon

Hello,

Due of many traders which post their keys for a price lesser than a lot of buyers, I decided to suggest something for the classifieds in backpack.tf.

The change will be a minimum listed price for keys, sellers must set the price of keys for same or higher than the reference price.

The reference price will be take by the 5th buyer's price.

- Why the 5th and not the first buyer's price?

Because if the first or second buyer don't want anymore buy keys but their listing keeping showing up, the listing below will take them or if 2-3 listing is outated that make the reference price more solid and safe.

For exemple, classifieds listing for keys at the moment:

key2.jpg.88f21be23d0f2ad2fa56cf0ee793008e.jpg- Keys below the reference price (here is 32.55refs) will be automatically deleted.

- If a group of user which want destabilize the trade place 5 buy orders for 40 refs, the reference price will be 40 refs, that mean all listing below 40 refs will be deleted?

No, because the restriction can't remove more than 5 listing every 12 hours.

Tell me what you think below! :D

~Pasdenon

2 minutes ago, Beaser said:

Or you can use the report function if they dont accept your trades/take almost a full day to accept.

Stop boring mods/admins and let's make all automatic!

Many times the quickbuyers are changing their mind about a buy order, in the case of the bots, sometimes they just don't accept the trade offers, and remove the buy orders, instead of decline it to avoid the bans for not buying. Yesterday i was trying to quicksell my Aussie Scattergun to the quickbuyers in bp.tf and:

1-Some of the quickbuyers was offline.

2-The bot online did exactly was i said in my example.

Finally i have to post it for 24 keys, and there was many quickbuyers paying more than that.

Sometimes you want to sell your items fast, without any trouble, or you're too lazy to make a trade offer with a lot of keys/refs to send it to the quickbuyers. So i think that we have to let the people do what they want, and just use the report function.

1 hour ago, human__ said:

Many times the quickbuyers are changing their mind about a buy order, in the case of the bots, sometimes they just don't accept the trade offers, and remove the buy orders, instead of decline it to avoid the bans for not buying. Yesterday i was trying to quicksell my Aussie Scattergun to the quickbuyers in bp.tf and:

1-Some of the quickbuyers was offline.

2-The bot online did exactly was i said in my example.

Finally i have to post it for 24 keys, and there was many quickbuyers paying more than that.

Sometimes you want to sell your items fast, without any trouble, or you're too lazy to make a trade offer with a lot of keys/refs to send it to the quickbuyers. So i think that we have to let the people do what they want, and just use the report function.

If a buyer don't accept your offer (even if in the keys market there is a lot of bot and bot accept 24/7 your offer) you just have to go to another buyer, don't say 5 buyers don't will accept your offer...

Ok here is a day these 5 buyers don't accept your offer, what to do?

- Simply, report the listings, the listing will be removed as soon as possible. There will be 5 new fresh buyers.

14 minutes ago, Pasdenon said:

If a buyer don't accept your offer (even if in the keys market there is a lot of bot and bot accept 24/7 your offer) you just have to go to another buyer, don't say 5 buyers don't will accept your offer...

Ok here is a day these 5 buyers don't accept your offer, what to do?

- Simply, report the listings, the listing will be removed as soon as possible. There will be 5 new fresh buyers.

I've have sent 2 trade offers, i sent the trade offer to a 24/7 bot and a human. Are you saying that i have to make 5 trade offers? XD

When that concept is so easy to abuse, lol. All you need is at least 5 bots to all be "buying" keys for X refined and you have forced everyone to have to sell for at least that amount, even when it realistically isn't worth that amount. Just use the report function  and not force people to sell at an amount they might wish to sell under.

5 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

When that concept is so easy to abuse, lol. All you need is at least 5 bots to all be "buying" keys for X refined and you have forced everyone to have to sell for at least that amount, even when it realistically isn't worth that amount. Just use the report function  and not force people to sell at an amount they might wish to sell under.

Yeah no, the bots will loose money so much, it's the fun thing.

For exemple: Seller sell keys for 30 refs, a user make 5 bot to buy keys for 40 refs. Ok less than 5 listing will be delected but there will be like +100 seller for under 40 refs. People will buy keys for like 30 refs and sell the bots for 40 refs. He will loose lot of money and he will never try to do it again.

Definite no from me. People should be able to sell their items at whatever price they want to sell. Whether they make or lose profit is none of our concern. This system can easily be abused, not only with Wiz's scenario, but with key prices rising and crashing. If someone doesn't accept your price, report their listing and buy from someone else, and if the problem is because they are taking too long to accept your trade, buy from a bot.

This system moderates something that should not be moderated, and there is too much room for abuse and slip ups considering it's automatic.

No thanks. I'll just stick to the report button.

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about making restrictions on when and how often someone can make a key suggestion

e.g. if troll they cant suggest for a week

If a new suggestion is accepted, another cant be suggested for 2 weeks 

etc

But this idea is just a bit silly

Archived