Will Valve retire more hats?

∞Ramses

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will Valve retire more hats soon?

Eventually they will. But will some hats get retired soon (< 2 months)?

What hats?

I guess, after retiring the Sniper vs Spy hats, the hats from the Classless Update will get retired.

(Baseball Bill's Sports Shine, Bonk Helm, Ye Olde Baker Boy, Stainless Pot, Tyrant's Helm, Brigade Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Glengarry Bonnet, Scotsman's Stove Pipe, Officer's Ushanka, Tough Guy's Toque, Engineer's Cap, Texas Slim's Dome Shine, Texas Ten Gallon, Otolaryngologist's Mirror, Vintage Tyrolean, Master's Yellow Belt, Professional's Panama, Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, Backbiter's Billycock, and Camera Beard.)

Hmmmm retiring hats was pretty much valve's experiment on the response on the market and community, community wasnt exactly happy and prices only boosted up for a short while and then no one really cared anymore, dont think they would retire hats again so soon but probably will in the future.

Supposedly yes, One of my friends mentioned that one of the older hats including the officer's ushanka & others will be retired, But there is insufficent proof I am just going off of what he said.

First of all, the Classless Update hats probably aren't going to be retired for one simple reason: they're currently being released through the line of TF2 action figures VALVe has commissioned. That would mean that we'd have to wait until they all get released for no more to ever be made, which could be a long time from now (bear in mind, we only have 6 out of 18 released).

I guess, after retiring the Sniper vs Spy hats, the hats from the Classless Update will get retired.

(Baseball Bill's Sports Shine, Bonk Helm, Ye Olde Baker Boy, Stainless Pot, Tyrant's Helm, Brigade Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Glengarry Bonnet, Scotsman's Stove Pipe, Officer's Ushanka, Tough Guy's Toque, Engineer's Cap, Texas Slim's Dome Shine, Texas Ten Gallon, Otolaryngologist's Mirror, Vintage Tyrolean, Master's Yellow Belt, Professional's Panama, Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, Backbiter's Billycock, and Camera Beard.)

Please retire that xD I want my Unusual Panama to go up in price lol

Please retire that xD I want my Unusual Panama to go up in price lol

nothing could make that thing go up in price :S 

Hmmmm retiring hats was pretty much valve's experiment on the response on the market and community, community wasnt exactly happy and prices only boosted up for a short while and then no one really cared anymore, dont think they would retire hats again so soon but probably will in the future.

^^this^^

As that did nothing, the only reason to remove some hats is to thin out the drop system a little thus allowing more recent items to drop a little more frequently.

^^this^^

As that did nothing, the only reason to remove some hats is to thin out the drop system a little thus allowing more recent items to drop a little more frequently.

Couldn't Valve just alter the drop system to make newer items drop more often than older items? It already seems to happen for some specific weapons.

^^this^^

Couldn't Valve just alter the drop system to make newer items drop more often than older items? It already seems to happen for some specific weapons.

I dont think they would need to do that, there are so many different hats now that the chance of you dropped a "possible retiring hat" combined with you actually getting a hat drop is very small already xD

I don't care. The TF2 Economy is always fucked up anyways.

Should add *I don't Care* in the Poll.

lol roller you dont care?

but still you comment in a sub forum of the sub game adition of tf2

the hat/weapon economy will always need more the tf2 community is an ever ending growing community.

everything will get its price.

everything will be sold.

everything will get collected.

In topic every vintage edition of hats miscs will get retired.

i got confused for a split second...you guys mean retire outright, not retire as unusuals right?

the second question is much more interesting to me. for example, my theory i made in october that veils cannot be unboxed anymore has yet to be proven wrong. so i think veils are retired as unusuals.

i asked around and ppl told me valve never actually made any announcement or update notes to say hazmats or noh mercys were no longer unboxable as unusuals, so the fact they didnt mention anything regarding veils isn't alarming to me. i still think they are retired as far as unusuals go.

but yea it is interesting to think what goes ok in valve's heads when they do retire unusuals gor a hat or misc. also makes me wonder if they will UNRETIRE them.

"on" not "ok" and "for" not "gor"

sry i am anal about spelling/grammar (but apparently not capitalization :-p) and don't see an easy edit option from mobile device

i got confused for a split second...you guys mean retire outright, not retire as unusuals right?

Well, they retired the previous hats (Stash, Pickelhaube, ...) last year as unusuals too.

right i knew that about the stash...didnt know that about the picklehaub though

all the first gen hats. 

Batters, stash, beanie, fro, football, mining, pickle, trophy, fedora.

all the first gen hats. 

Batters, stash, beanie, fro, football, mining, pickle, trophy, fedora.

it's interesting that there are robo hat versions of some of these but not all

Archived