RIP Strange Festive weapons

r0b

You can now festivize all weapons, even strange vanilla ones

88433E690A40A9D83CD2792A1198E0391AE00171

There's no point in paying 10+ keys for a strange festive stock weapong now. Thanks Valve, i can finally get a strange festive scattergun for cheap.

it most probably will be patched, because there was a similar situation with war paints when you could put a stat clock on the lowest tier ones, even unusual ones greatly increasing value. Valve patched that in a day. So I'm assuming Valve will patch this glitch as well

24 minutes ago, KillerPenWhale said:

it most probably will be patched, because there was a similar situation with war paints when you could put a stat clock on the lowest tier ones, even unusual ones greatly increasing value. Valve patched that in a day. So I'm assuming Valve will patch this glitch as well

So does this mean that my festivizer will get deleted?

7 minutes ago, Loogi said:

So does this mean that my festivizer will get deleted?

probably not, stat clocks did not get removed from the applied ones iirc.

Just now, Axle Change said:

probably not, stat clocks did not get removed from the applied ones iirc.

Nice, i guess in the end i got a strange festive RL for cheap.

Thanks Valve.

20 minutes ago, Gabe said:

We've also been able to just buy strange skins and slap festivizers on them, this is nothing new.

Australiums can be festivized with this method. Also previously stock stranges could not be festivized, and any item that had festive counterparts (2011 festives, etc.) could not be festivized. So it is a pretty big change as there are many festivizers.

Expanded the list of weapons that can be Festivized!

• Ubersaw, Dragon's Fury, Amputator, Air Strike, Back Scratcher, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Bazaar Bargain, Black Box, Claidheamh Mòr, Crusader's Crossbow, Degreaser, Loose Cannon, Persian Persuader, Detonator, Brass Beast, Holy Mackerel, Loch-n-Load, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Reserve Shooter, Disciplinary Action, Family Business, Shahanshah, Scorch Shot, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Rescue Ranger, Tomislav, Panic Attack, Winger

These are the intended new ones, it's just a glitch

3 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Expanded the list of weapons that can be Festivized!

• Ubersaw, Dragon's Fury, Amputator, Air Strike, Back Scratcher, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Bazaar Bargain, Black Box, Claidheamh Mòr, Crusader's Crossbow, Degreaser, Loose Cannon, Persian Persuader, Detonator, Brass Beast, Holy Mackerel, Loch-n-Load, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Reserve Shooter, Disciplinary Action, Family Business, Shahanshah, Scorch Shot, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Rescue Ranger, Tomislav, Panic Attack, Winger

These are the intended new ones, it's just a glitch

Ez money then

2 hours ago, Noodle565 said:

Dude if more people find out about this the prices of the normal strange festive items would be altered right?

Most likely since people would rather pay a couple of bucks for a festivizer than 10+ keys for a normal strange festive.

You are right. Why spend 10 keys on a Strange Festive Rocket Launcher when you can pay 1- 2 keys atm for a festivizer, and get the same thing. Only purists would care to get a real one. And really the longer Valve goes without patching this the more high tier strange festive weapons (RL, Scatter, Sniper, Medigun) will devalue. As there will be hundreds of these cheap alternatives flooding the market in the next few weeks. 

While it doesn't apply to Strange Festives, one thing I haven't heard mentioned is that Festivized Uniques aren't marketable (unless the item was marketable due to other reasons).

So when it comes to Unique versions of old Festive weapons vs. new Festivized versions there is still a difference in regards to marketability.

Archived