Sharking

Richard Lionheart Empire

Hi, 

Question: Is there a time comming when sharking is becomming bannable? 

I'm so done with high tier traders who make ABUSE of people who do not know a lot about trading but unboxed a high tier unusual, or when high tier traders just offer SHITTY offers for a high tier unusual, is there a time comming when people are making this bannable?

thanks.

And what about the purple energy feathered friend? It's priced at 32 while there are buyers for 30 (2x) and 32 (2x), obvious shark? And the suggestion STILL got accepted, and F R E S H knows this is a shark for sure but he doesn't care bc he is a high tier trader, bonzo is priced at 242 keys!!!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Richard Lionheart Empire said:

And what about the purple energy feathered friend? It's priced at 32 while there are buyers for 30 (2x) and 32 (2x), obvious shark? And the suggestion STILL got accepted, and F R E S H knows this is a shark for sure but he doesn't care bc he is a high tier trader, bonzo is priced at 242 keys!!!

Did you bother to read what Foamy said in the suggestion? Fresh requested it.

3 hours ago, Richard Lionheart Empire said:

Whilst it looks like a shark we have no evidence of the trade agreement. There could have been cash or other items .

In order to be banned for sharking on backpack.tf (sharking=scamming btw), you need to show sufficient evidence of the manipulation of item values.

Sharking is bannable on backpack.tf and has been for a while, but the reason as to why a lot of these high tier "sharks" aren't banned is because no one cares to go out and get the evidence to get them banned.

4 hours ago, Richard Lionheart Empire said:

RI592hlXSCm7wY8O-7CP1w.png

Suggestions Foamy linked: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/554d3a0bba8d88c0338b4571 , https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5713c265c440452f4e19c0b2

As well as this comment

hDlNnfr3T-mbUHKJ5vpyuQ.png

So according to these two, it apparently was not a shark.

Regarding other posts I've seen in this thread:

4 hours ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy 7309 said:

Did you bother to read what Foamy said in the suggestion? Fresh requested it.

I was not requested by Fresh to make this price suggestion. I saw the "shark" pointed out in the backpack.tf discord and decided to price it myself, and not once did I ever see anyone in the #suggestion-stuff channel request an unusual suggester to make a suggestion for that hat.

5 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

sharking on bp.tf is considered a scam to them leading to a ban but there must be sufficient evidence.usually its chat logs and the trades done.here's aan example of an obvious shark

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/57f7ab1083de6b75e8223ab4

That is not an example of any shark. It is an example of someone trying to price an item with a low sale/supposed shark. That suggestion doesn't show anything.

If you want a reference as to what type of evidence is needed to ban someone for sharking, take foxx for example. @Diamond jozu @Richard Lionheart Empire

https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198107418082

4hRiN1iHSoWnFbkdz3_0Og.png

That's all I have to say about this topic. If you have any more questions feel free to quote me and ask.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ѕιи said:

I was not requested by Fresh to make this price suggestion. I saw the "shark" pointed out in the backpack.tf discord and decided to price it myself, and not once did I ever see anyone in the #suggestion-stuff channel request an unusual suggester to make a suggestion for that hat.

I believe Fresh added Foamy to mention he was fine with the price - Fresh also told me they're fine with the sale as it is.

The problem with convicting a person for sharking is quite obvious. Its because it always involves someone new to trading, who naturally does not know how or why they need to save or screenshot their chats thus, they lack evidence to support that they were conned out of their expensive new items.

This is the same way some people take ages to get banned for scamming.....they prey on new traders who don't have a clue what would be expected of them in the event of a scam.

While I know that bp.tf premium is a useful feature for its paid users, it certainly facilitates these scumbags in finding the new users upon who they prey on.

I have provided enough evidence on someone manipulating his item's price for sharking, but noooooo he gets away with it every single time. The admins must love Pot

15 minutes ago, RED265 said:

I have provided enough evidence on someone manipulating his item's price for sharking, but noooooo he gets away with it every single time. The admins must love Pot

Sufficient evidence = ban.

Not sure how you would think "The admins must love Pot"

If you want to ask questions about it, join the discord server and ask a report mod in the #site-stuff channel or DM one of them. I can try to help as well.

4 hours ago, Mrs TS said:

The problem with convicting a person for sharking is quite obvious. Its because it always involves someone new to trading, who naturally does not know how or why they need to save or screenshot their chats thus, they lack evidence to support that they were conned out of their expensive new items.

This is the same way some people take ages to get banned for scamming.....they prey on new traders who don't have a clue what would be expected of them in the event of a scam.

While I know that bp.tf premium is a useful feature for its paid users, it certainly facilitates these scumbags in finding the new users upon who they prey on.

I do agree, but a solution for this problem isn't really evident unless we just get those scumbags banned, which is a lot of work I must admit.

If you have any ideas feel free to share them though.

19 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I do agree, but a solution for this problem isn't really evident unless we just get those scumbags banned, which is a lot of work I must admit.

If you have any ideas feel free to share them though.

Not how sure how practical it is, nor if the site would want to do it since it is in business to make a profit.....but perhaps if they prevented fake accounts from buying premium it might cut down on it just a little.   But sadly, scammers buy established accounts so, any sort of limit could easily be circumvented.   

At the end of the day, if it were easy to catch all the scammers, I'd think that would have already been done.  But as long as people elect to take the easy way out, and throw all their morals out the window, then scamming and sharking will never stop.

It really must suck for a person to be that low to prey on others......but as the saying goes, "Karma's a bitch"

Archived