Question About Trading with Banned Users

Lonster_Monster

I am pretty sure this has been asked before I am sorry if it has been asked and answered butmy question is if a user is banned on bp.tf  and other trade sites but they accually have something i am wanting to trade for or the other way around any trade with a banned user will result in a ban for me correct? if so even if is below say 5 keys in value?

"Our Expectations for Our Users: 
We expect all users to check the following on all trades greater than 15 keys in value - you must check (1) the SteamRep status, (2) the steam community profile of the user, (3) backpack.tf profiles for bans marking them as a scammer or scammer alt. You should NOT trade with someone who is marked on SteamRep and someone who is an "obvious scammer alt." We characterize an obvious alt as someone having all of these three qualities: (1) a steam level of three or less, (2) under 500 hours in tf2, AND (3) three or fewer steam games. If a user meets these three criteria, you are responsible for verifying the history of all items they are offering. You must verify that they have not been hijacked, stolen, or scammed in any way before trading for them. There are some users who are new to tf2. As long as they have not acquired their items through scamming or through trades with another scammer alt, it is safe to trade with them. You also need to verify where the items have come from if trading with people with private backpacks. If you cannot verify the item's history, don't complete the trade. As always, if in doubt about where your items are coming from, ask for help here in the forums before making the trade. "

Taken from our guide on background checking here - 

Archived