Competition 1 Applications

Julia Gillard the Honest

For this competition, we require a common clock. The following hyperlink will take you to such a clock. http://www.thetimenow.com/gmt/greenwich_mean_time Please note that competition times will follow this clock.

Description and rules: This is a simple one-sale competition. The underlying goal is to see if you can sell your own name as a craft tag within a short period of time. The price for entry is either two craftable hats or three refined metal. You are required to use your buy-in to craft a random cosmetic item and sell that for as much as you can in one trade. You are also allowed to use cosmetic items that you have previously crafted (and thus already spent the buy-in price on) so long as they would be generally considered of common value (if crafted by someone who you don't know). No low craft numbers (1,...,99) are allowed in this one.

When evaluating the value of a hat (if involved in the sale), please use the mean average backpack.tf value that is listed at the time of the sale. If you sell for cosmetic items that are gifted then please half their value after evaluating the mean average value. Ignore other people's craft tags. The winner will be the person (or persons) who sells his/her hat for the most compared with what the hat would usually be worth. That is, your sale for this competition will be given by the formula

sale/value

where sale is the amount that you sold the cosmetic item for and value is the mean average of its value on backpack.tf. Please use refined metal as your unit in this calculation. For example, if you craft a Team Captain and well it for one key plus one refined, please convert the key to refined metal in the above calculation, using the mean average of the backpack.tf key value at the time of the sale.

This is a modest competition involving only one sale. There was initially going to be a consolation prize for the lowest sale but that idea has been withdrawn due to the ease required to obtain that position. The winner (with the greatest value arising from the above formula) will receive from my backpack, as the first prize (in adition to any profit from the sale):

1. Scrap Metal
  2. Refined Metal
  3. Blood Banker Strangifier Chemistry Set
  4. Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
  5. Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
  6. Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
  7. Festive Holy Mackeral,

which is a little bit under 3.5 keys in value (donations for the winner from other users are always welcome but not required). Later there will be a similar competition using gift tags, for which the prize will be more inviting.

The time for this competition is, using the GMT clock mentioned at the start of this post, from now until 4:00 AM on Tuesday the 4th of February. This will allow you time to consider offers or potentially miss the best offer in hopes of grandeur. The prize is only available to the highest sale so please be sure to consider, if you get an offer, whether or not you can find a higher offer within this competition's time. While this competition allows for the items submitted to be crafted prior to entry and also for contestants to change their submissions during the competition time, please note that the sale must be made during the competition time in order to qualify for the prize.

You are allowed to craft multiple cosmetic items and choose which one to enter in this competition. The sale formula normalises the value of the sale so the only potential befenit from this comes from the personal appeal of your crafted item to your customers. It is therefore up to you to decide whether or not multiple crafts are worth the expense.

Application Process: For discussion about this competition, please use the following forum thread. http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6383-backpacktf-user-competition/ To apply, please post one, and only one, comment below in this thread. Please include evidence of the craft (such as a hyperlink to the item on a trading website or a screenshot of the item showing the craft tag). When/if you sell your item, please then edit your post and add evidence of the sale, state the value of the sale and show the calculation according to the above formula.

So, the winner is the person that sells their item highest above bp.tf median price?

So, if I craft a Team Captain and sell it for 1 key + 1 rec and another person crafts a Doublecross-com and sells it it for 3 keys + 1 scrap, I would technically be the winner?

I am going to enter this competition. I'll edit this post once I have my stuff ready.

Everyone else, ignore this post.

So, the winner is the person that sells their item highest above bp.tf median price?
So, if I craft a Team Captain and sell it for 1 key + 1 rec and another person crafts a Doublecross-com and sells it it for 3 keys + 1 scrap, I would technically be the winner?

I am going to enter this competition. I'll edit this post once I have my stuff ready.

TC: ~1.048   DCC: 1.037    TC wins.      (I quickly threw those numbers into a calculator so may have made a small mistake. I'll be careful in the real situation. The result (TC winning)'s definitely right.)

Can we use already existing crafts (like my #3 founding father)?

Crap, I forgot to mention forbidding low craft numbers. Sorry for leaving that out! The reason for not having them is that the purpose is to sell your own name as a craft tag, not the number. I'll quickly fix that.

Crap, I forgot to mention forbidding low craft numbers. Sorry for leaving that out! The reason for not having them is that the purpose is to sell your own name as a craft tag, not the number. I'll quickly fix that.

But can we use existing crafts? If so, I might enter; was considering getting rid of my attendant anyway

But can we use existing crafts? If so, I might enter; was considering getting rid of my attendant anyway

Yes you can so long as they don't have low craft numbers.

Alright, count me in; http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17470203

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6481-attendant-festivizer-big-country-crafted-by-me/

All my previous crafts sold for bp.tf price, but given the amount of entries, I am still confident of my chances :3

EDIT; sold two of my hats to KoDoRiN

http://imgur.com/a/fJvG9

4 ref + s RR for a festivizer (2 ref) and attendant (1.66). I sold the S RR for 1.66 ref.

5.66/3.66 = 1.546448087431694

• 2 weeks later...

edited my previous post to include my sale and score

Congratulations for winning this one-horse race! :D (Next time I'll probably make a rule about not declaring sales until the last day or so.) I have sent you a trade offer with the prize. My Steam said that the offer has been sent successfully. Right now I'm finding that I can't receive trade offers until I'm actually in TF2 for some reason. Please let me know if there are any problems with that trade after a few days.

Congratulations for winning this one-horse race! :D (Next time I'll probably make a rule about not declaring sales until the last day or so.) I have sent you a trade offer with the prize. My Steam said that the offer has been sent successfully. Right now I'm finding that I can't receive trade offers until I'm actually in TF2 for some reason. Please let me know if there are any problems with that trade after a few days.

Accepted without a problem. Thanks for both the prize and the contest :D

Let no one question my ability to win contests in which I am the only participant!

Accepted without a problem. Thanks for both the prize and the contest :D

Let no one question my ability to win contests in which I am the only participant!

Let is also be known that Cleverpun won keys! :D

Archived