Is it or should it be bannable?

Pyotoru

Hello,

Quick situation and question.

Whenever you are making Buy Order for certain item you are stating price you are willing to pay for that item (plus you can offer more in description for better versions of item, like 10 keys for any pro ks and 15 for specific sheen+effect combo etc.)

BUT

There are many quickbuyers whose descriptions for theirs Buy Orders  looks like this:

They are offering X keys for unusual and have additional info in desccription like "willing to outbid any other quickbuyer by 2 keys". or anything similar.

So in this situation when i have buy order for item i want to pay 20 keys and under me is guy who is offering less (16, 18 whatever) but at same time says he can offer more than me? So shouldnt he just make buy order for 22 keys instead of adding such ridiculus description to buy order?

Is it even fair to add description like this and should it deserve to be forbidden in rules and be bannable? or is it already bannable but im moron?

There's nothing wrong with saying you'll outbid anyone else in a buy order. If you have hundreds or thousands of buy orders you might not want to check all of them daily to update your prices in case someone else lists for more and then lower your price again when they remove their listing. It's just not practical. The rule you mentioned is meant to stop people from "line-cutting" by listing for more than they'll pay for any version of that item. Listing for less than they'll pay at any given time doesn't break this rule since your listing, which pays more, will always be on top. Also, as far as I know, listing notes are "non-binding", so simply saying they'll pay more without actually listing for more allows them to decline offers if they feel the price is too high (though I'm sure we all agree this is a scummy move).

24 minutes ago, MeFigaYoma said:

There's nothing wrong with saying you'll outbid anyone else in a buy order. If you have hundreds or thousands of buy orders you might not want to check all of them daily to update your prices in case someone else lists for more and then lower your price again when they remove their listing. It's just not practical. The rule you mentioned is meant to stop people from "line-cutting" by listing for more than they'll pay for any version of that item. Listing for less than they'll pay at any given time doesn't break this rule since your listing, which pays more, will always be on top. Also, as far as I know, listing notes are "non-binding", so simply saying they'll pay more without actually listing for more allows them to decline offers if they feel the price is too high (though I'm sure we all agree this is a scummy move).

Listing notes are binding in some cases though. Asking for more in a sell order than the listed price is not allowed. Same goes for asking for less in a buy order listing.

This case in particular is interesting, but I think they either should be binding or not allowed.

33 minutes ago, Axle Change said:

This case in particular is interesting, but I think they either should be binding or not allowed.

If they were binding they could easily be exploited by anyone with enough pure to buy another copy of their own item by creating their own buy order for whatever price they want and "forcing" everyone else who matches higher listings to pay that price or risk being banned. Just ignore any friend requests and move your keys around a little to invalidate any trade offers you've gotten and you can sell any item for full price.

Currently, if there's, say, a buy order for 20 keys, and a buy order for 18 keys which says "I'll beat any competitor's price by 2 keys", you can either send an offer to the second guy for 22 keys and risk wasting your time if they change their mind, or send an offer to the first guy and get a guarantee that you'll have 20 pure fast (especially if they have automatic). If this wasn't allowed, then you wouldn't have this choice. Choice is always a benefit to the consumer.

I don't see anything wrong with the way it is now.

The reason this isn't a problem is because it's simply saying they'll pay ____, but are open to negotiation. 

If you feel that their notes give them an unfair advantage, try adding notes of your own saying you'll negotiate if your prices are beaten.

Archived