Vintage Problems.

F  CHARLIE

Ok here.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52d49ebb4cd7b8ec6e8b4568

Most Vintages transact via the Steam Market as far as I have noticed and most for far less than the translated trade price would be.

This suggestion is actually invalid because it sells for more there.

$0.09 on the market.

Is there a point where a trade price is a mute issue?

Btw: His suggestion is the only Vint one up.

Well, there is the typical answer of selling =/= sold, but also the fact that the value of transactions with a Steam Wallet are worth less than transactions with pure or Paypal. Case in point: Keys. Backpack values keys at $2.07 even though they sell on the market for anywhere between $2.30 to $2.49. For these reasons, the Steam Marketplace is no considered to be a viable source of proof for sales.

Well, there is the typical answer of selling =/= sold, but also the fact that the value of transactions with a Steam Wallet are worth less than transactions with pure or Paypal. Case in point: Keys. Backpack values keys at $2.07 even though they sell on the market for anywhere between $2.30 to $2.49. For these reasons, the Steam Marketplace is no considered to be a viable source of proof for sales.

excuse me but if the market price conflicts with bp.tf price for me it seems that bp.tf prices are not considered viable.market>bp.tf

Steam Market is showing that buyers are willing to pay the equivilant of 1 rec to get the item.  The seller receives 2 scrap worth.  This may be because anyone selling uses the backpack.tf price as a guide of how much to list it for.  I wonder if we use the buyer price as proof and change the price to 1 rec would SM sellers be able to recieve $0.09.

I already know that many items sold on SM have their prices based on trade price.  IOW, why sell there for less than what you could get here.  The trade price effects SM price therefore we should consider SM when making suggestions.

Thoughts?

I sold an unusual worth 15 keys for 40€ (~54$) and then bought 28 keys with that in the SteamMarket. Most people who buy there are clueless about the value of the items in the ItemsMarket so they see the lowest price , and if they want the item they will pay the cost. Another example are decent fabricators , i've bought some for 2 or 3 cents in the SteamMarket while they usually sell for 0.33-0.66 refined (0.11$-0.22$) in the ItemsMarket. The kits on the other hand usually sell the lowest at 0.80$ at the SteamMarket, while they can sell at 1 ref (0.33$) at the ItemsMarket.

Its a completely different market.

I sold an unusual worth 15 keys for 40€ (~54$) and then bought 28 keys with that in the SteamMarket. Most people who buy there are clueless about the value of the items in the ItemsMarket so they see the lowest price , and if they want the item they will pay the cost. Another example are decent fabricators , i've bought some for 2 or 3 cents in the SteamMarket while they usually sell for 0.33-0.66 refined (0.11$-0.22$) in the ItemsMarket. The kits on the other hand usually sell the lowest at 0.80$ at the SteamMarket, while they can sell at 1 ref (0.33$) at the ItemsMarket.

Yeah this. You can't bargain or negotiate or whatever. You pay the price and that's it, it's different, but doesn't mean it isn't always invalid.

Yeah this. You can't bargain or negotiate or whatever. You pay the price and that's it, it's different, but doesn't mean it isn't always invalid.

You are talking about items I am not.  Vintages have a long standing item and are very homogenious unlike Fabs and Unusuals with different effects/sheens.

You are talking about items I am not.  Vintages have a long standing item and are very homogenious unlike Fabs and Unusuals with different effects/sheens.

I said unusuals and Fabs as i have said Kits , and many other items. Vintages arent an exception , i have bought some with levels like 100 and 0 for a few cents in the past. 

Steam Market is sometimes unreliable for pricing. A lot of stuff is overpriced due to the higher key price + the transaction fee the buyer has to pay. On the other hand, you can sometimes find very low listings for salvage crates, v. bills, and even occasionally unusuals

Most commonly overpriced stuff on the market though are the unusuals. By far. You can buy buds for under $40, and there are 15 key unusuals going for $45-50. It's silly

Steam Market is showing that buyers are willing to pay the equivilant of 1 rec to get the item.  The seller receives 2 scrap worth.  This may be because anyone selling uses the backpack.tf price as a guide of how much to list it for.  I wonder if we use the buyer price as proof and change the price to 1 rec would SM sellers be able to recieve $0.09.

But that is part of it. The seller receives Wallet Funds, not other items. Unless they sell mass quantities or already had pre-existing funds, why bother selling it on the Steam Market in the first place? How is the seller going to transfer those funds back to TF2? Buy other vintages? Festives? Random items to trade back for pure? I also like to think that people who buy Vintages (Not odd levels) are newer players who just want to try out weapons but aren't familiar with any standard for of trading yet. Seeing as how that is my own person viewpoint, there isn't much to back it, but how many Vintages have you bought that were not either a Hat or an odd-level?

Very true that it is a different market. Even Fabricator parts are off. The Reinforced parts go for 4 cents when Backpack prices them at 6 cents.

But that is part of it. The seller receives Wallet Funds, not other items. Unless they sell mass quantities or already had pre-existing funds, why bother selling it on the Steam Market in the first place? How is the seller going to transfer those funds back to TF2? Buy other vintages? Festives? Random items to trade back for pure?

Buy keys off the market or the Mann Co. Store.

Buy keys off the market or the Mann Co. Store.

Better buy Gift wraps , after i sold my unusual for 40 € i bought 28 wraps which i sold for 27.25 keys in total. If i had bought keys for 1.80€ (The price at that time) i'd have got around 22 keys.

Yeah i know i sad i had bought 28 keys,just didnt want to enter on details.

Also got 2 extra free refined from the 2 packages

Archived