If a ''quickbuyer'' buys something worth 5 ref for say 4 ref, can it be used in backpack proof?

Ward - MvM Anyone?

I've heard that quickbuyers proove nothing but can it?

Say now I was gonna do a price suggestion lowering the price of earbuds, to 15 keys, and I searched successful buyers buying them for 13, could that be used as sufficent proof?

I'm not gunna do a suggestion on buds just incase :C

Thanks for answering!

Quickbuyers are usually not considered valid proof.

The only exception is when quickbuyers are getting lots of success, which may indicate a price drop.

Quickbuyers are usually not considered valid proof.

The only exception is when quickbuyers are getting lots of success, which may indicate a price drop.

This, and you can kinda see that quickbuyers are getting more success because the price is dropping already. Which means more threads where the item is lower/low end of bp.tf price.

In case anyone might still be wondering exactly why quickbuyers aren't valid proof, it's because they're buying it for their price specifically because they know that they'll be able to flip it for a profit.  In other words, they know that the real market value is higher than what they are offering.  That's basically the definition of a quickbuyer; they identify the actual market price of something and put up trades offering to buy lower than that in hopes of catching impatient sellers and people who just need pure metal/keys/buds immediately.

·         Quick buyers: This is uncommon and only ever happens when bp.tf is outdated. These should be generally ignored as valid proof. When there are plenty of unsolds at the current price and quick buyers are overly successful it may be used as proof to lower the price, as it shows that traders are willing to sell for lower prices. Most of the time they will only be approached by traders which have a desire for some quick metal and do not mind the lower price.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3203-guide-making-good-suggestions/

Archived