Jump to content

I just go blasted by stn.tf price moderator for no good reason


animallover
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I was browsing stn.tf and I noticed that under HAT PRICES they were very very clearly buying the scout lightning lid cosmetic for 2 keys and 19 ref, so I though it was a good price and proceeded to buy one from backpack.tf to resell there. Since it was the only site where it wasn't overstocked. But the thing is they won't accept it, hence I proceeded to their discord to ask why it wasn't in my site inventory to sell. And the price moderator/admin told me that it was overpriced. I asked him if he could pay me less for what the site pays for rand he says 'no'. So I kindly suggested to him to add a note saying that they would not accept some items. And yet he calls me bitchy for some reason. And when I fired back he shot me down again and blocked me. I mean why? People are trying to help your site become a better place but you guys are still that bad? I mean come on, at least take the suggestion into consideration. Just wanted to share this bad experience with you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stn has been pretty shit since they pulled most of their bots from classifieds. I had a similar thing happen, I believe I was trying to sell a max head and the same thing happened. Basically their prices are either laughably bad or just lies now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

random toxic?

nah I wasn't being mean to that bloke at first. He just acted like a total D-bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Axle Change said:

Stn has been pretty shit since they pulled most of their bots from classifieds. I had a similar thing happen, I believe I was trying to sell a max head and the same thing happened. Basically their prices are either laughably bad or just lies now.

they sell for too expensive and everything they have is overstocked in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, animallover said:

nah I wasn't being mean to that bloke at first. He just acted like a total D-bag

i mean they being toxic to you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, I do understand where he is coming from. Basically they are overstocked, thus not taking anymore. Plus mods, admins and staff don't like to be added and annoyed especially for small issues like that. It is the same as scrap.tf if they are overstocked they won't take anymore. And if you keep pestering the item/pricing mods on scrap, they will block you also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scrap.tf's prices are usually even worse than STN's though except weapons (of course) and craft hats. STN at least tries to be competitive with the other sellers on backpack.tf/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moose said:

To be fair, I do understand where he is coming from. Basically they are overstocked, thus not taking anymore. Plus mods, admins and staff don't like to be added and annoyed especially for small issues like that. It is the same as scrap.tf if they are overstocked they won't take anymore. And if you keep pestering the item/pricing mods on scrap, they will block you also.

I didn't add him just send a message through discord. I tried asking the discord support but the people have no clue on what was going on. Plus I asked him twice, and he offends me:/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Points of Authority said:

pics or it didnt happen

pics??? I closed the dicord browser a long time ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moose said:

To be fair, I do understand where he is coming from. Basically they are overstocked, thus not taking anymore. Plus mods, admins and staff don't like to be added and annoyed especially for small issues like that. It is the same as scrap.tf if they are overstocked they won't take anymore. And if you keep pestering the item/pricing mods on scrap, they will block you also.

also on the site it clearly stated it wasn't overstocked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, animallover said:

I didn't add him just send a message through discord. I tried asking the discord support but the people have no clue on what was going on. Plus I asked him only twice, and he offends me:/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/07/2017 at 11:50 PM, animallover said:

So I was browsing stn.tf and I noticed that under HAT PRICES they were very very clearly buying the scout lightning lid cosmetic for 2 keys and 19 ref, so I though it was a good price and proceeded to buy one from backpack.tf to resell there. Since it was the only site where it wasn't overstocked. But the thing is they won't accept it, hence I proceeded to their discord to ask why it wasn't in my site inventory to sell. And the price moderator/admin told me that it was overpriced. I asked him if he could pay me less for what the site pays for rand he says 'no'. So I kindly suggested to him to add a note saying that they would not accept some items. And yet he calls me bitchy for some reason. And when I fired back he shot me down again and blocked me. I mean why? People are trying to help your site become a better place but you guys are still that bad? I mean come on, at least take the suggestion into consideration. Just wanted to share this bad experience with you guys.

 

Let's make this clear. You were very disrespectfull and rude during the conversation using such words as "f*" and "sh*". I had no interest in buying such item "and then sell it to stn for more"... No that's wrong and work unethical. I would not change a price for my advantage. I was really busy in the time you were spamming the messages with prices and "recommendations" as you said. I was solving much bigger problems with STN Bots than those. I am sorry that you had to be treated as an offender. But you deserved it. Spamming my messages is not a good way to get my attention either.

 

AND YES it was overstocked and a red square does pop up letting you know exactly what's wrong.

(I proceeded to fix the price after this happened, no more user complains)

 

Hope everyone has a nice one. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Simple said:

 

Let's make this clear. You were very disrespectfull and rude during the conversation using such words as "f*" and "sh*". I had no interest in buying such item "and then sell it to stn for more"... No that's wrong and work unethical. I would not change a price for my advantage. I was really busy in the time you were spamming the messages with prices and "recommendations" as you said. I was solving much bigger problems with STN Bots than those. I am sorry that you had to be treated as an offender. But you deserved it. Spamming my messages is not a good way to get my attention either.

 

AND YES it was overstocked and a red square does pop up letting you know exactly what's wrong.

(I proceeded to fix the price after this happened, no more user complains)

 

Hope everyone has a nice one. 

So basically you're saying that your excuse is that you were busy and that he used swear words. As a professional shouldn't you be able to handle that? One thing I'll say about the staff on bp.tf is that in every situation I've seen when under stress or being sworn at (including by me) they always keep their composure. Just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HarryG said:

So basically you're saying that your excuse is that you were busy and that he used swear words. As a professional shouldn't you be able to handle that? One thing I'll say about the staff on bp.tf is that in every situation I've seen when under stress or being sworn at (including by me) they always keep their composure. Just saying.

 

First I'm not trying to excuse myself. I acted wrong calling him bitchy...(I was not in my days I must say) 

I'm here to reveal myself I could simply ignore this posts and walk away.

 

But honestly try to see it this way...

 

Let's start complaining about 1 scrap in every price.(After a mod spent a full day checking prices and making sure to have fixed every wrong price)

Let's spam the moderators with 500 messages.

Let's annoy people so they pay attention to us.

Let's be disrespectfull against staff that warned before about bad behavior.

 

The user was rude. And just for that he deserved it. There is no comparassing with this staff or another. I acted this way. Blocking Him was the best thing to do. It was only me. He can still trade with stn. He can do everything he wants. Except message me. Was my behavior that bad?

When I specifically asked him if he could not use swear words and to calm down?

 

I did my job in the end. He got lucky not having stn owner online at that time. He would be STN banned by now. The user didnt told the whole story. Neither the part where he said "f* every staff member of this f*ing sh* website"

 

Sadly I have no proof of any of this. You can either believe a user with a bad overreacting behavior or Me.

I clear my messages daily, and I most certainly wouldn't need to type any of this.

Just trying to show you guys, the user is not allways right.

 

Thank you for reading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/07/2017 at 2:51 AM, Moose said:

To be fair, I do understand where he is coming from. Basically they are overstocked, thus not taking anymore. Plus mods, admins and staff don't like to be added and annoyed especially for small issues like that. It is the same as scrap.tf if they are overstocked they won't take anymore. And if you keep pestering the item/pricing mods on scrap, they will block you also.

 

And thank you Moose, someone who understands the burden that is trying to help, teach and being approached by hundreds of people every single day. We can't please everyone. Neither we are capable of.

Spamming and annoying is one of the worst things you can do to a busy person. But most importantly. Don't disrespect people that are just trying to do their job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Simple said:

 

Let's make this clear. You were very disrespectfull and rude during the conversation using such words as "f*" and "sh*". I had no interest in buying such item "and then sell it to stn for more"... No that's wrong and work unethical. I would not change a price for my advantage. I was really busy in the time you were spamming the messages with prices and "recommendations" as you said. I was solving much bigger problems with STN Bots than those. I am sorry that you had to be treated as an offender. But you deserved it. Spamming my messages is not a good way to get my attention either.

 

AND YES it was overstocked and a red square does pop up letting you know exactly what's wrong.

(I proceeded to fix the price after this happened, no more user complains)

 

Hope everyone has a nice one. 

 

Trying to make a profit is not "work unethical," whatever that means. If you and/or your staff is too lazy to update the price then it is your fault.

 

As a moderator of a relatively large site, you should be able to take spam messages and cuss words. I am not condoning spamming at all, but you are in the wrong if you proceed to call him a bitch and block him. Not only that, but you then proceed to say that you blocked him because he used such coarse words after you called him bitchy.
 

In the end, I believe both parties are in the wrong. However, I also believe that you need to grow up and face such problems head-on rather than just blocking him without offering a fix. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SpotlightR said:

 

Trying to make a profit is not "work unethical," whatever that means. If you and/or your staff is too lazy to update the price then it is your fault.

 

As a moderator of a relatively large site, you should be able to take spam messages and cuss words. I am not condoning spamming at all, but you are in the wrong if you proceed to call him a bitch and block him. Not only that, but you then proceed to say that you blocked him because he used such coarse words after you called him bitchy.
 

In the end, I believe both parties are in the wrong. However, I also believe that you need to grow up and face such problems head-on rather than just blocking him without offering a fix. 

 

I'm sure you didn't read the whole thing. He was being bitchy over the prices after 1 hour being spamming me with suggestions....

 

Right After I changed 700 prices

 

Try to keep updated and verified +/- 20000 items ;) I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing. Noone is lazy to update a price. It was a autopricer bug. As I said before I fixed the price right after this happened.

 

And 1 more thing Spamming->Curse Words->Disrespect->(me trying to calm him down)->Him being annoying->Spamming More curse words->(me calling him bitchy over the prices)->More spam, curse and disrespect->(Block)

 

Bitchy not bitch ;)

 

Read the whole document before posting anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Simple said:

 

I'm sure you didn't read the whole thing. He was being bitchy over the prices after 1 hour being spamming me with suggestions....

Right After I changed 700 prices

 

Try to keep updated and verified +/- 20000 items ;) I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing. Noone is lazy to update a price. It was a autopricer bug. As I said before I fixed the price right after this happened.

 

And 1 more thing Spamming->Curse Words->Disrespect->(me trying to calm him down)->Him being annoying->Spamming More curse words->(me calling him bitchy over the prices)->More spam, curse and disrespect->(Block)

 

Bitchy not bitch ;)

 

Read the whole document before posting anything.

Like I said before, your workload has nothing to do with it because the staff here (you said there is no "comparassing" (?) this with other staff but this is a much larger and harder website to run then your much smaller program and like I said before all the staff here keep their composure). This seems to boil down more to your personal professionalism if you ask me and I'm sure most of the people reading this thread would agree with me as I've not seen a single argument against me here from anybody but you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Simple said:

 

I'm sure you didn't read the whole thing. He was being bitchy over the prices after 1 hour being spamming me with suggestions....

 

Right After I changed 700 prices

 

Try to keep updated and verified +/- 20000 items ;) I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing. Noone is lazy to update a price. It was a autopricer bug. As I said before I fixed the price right after this happened.

 

And 1 more thing Spamming->Curse Words->Disrespect->(me trying to calm him down)->Him being annoying->Spamming More curse words->(me calling him bitchy over the prices)->More spam, curse and disrespect->(Block)

 

Bitchy not bitch ;)

 

Read the whole document before posting anything.

 

I did read everything before I posted.

 

You literally just restated exactly what I said in a way that panders more towards your side of the argument. To be frank, nobody cares about your workload. I'm sure you and the STN.tf staff do an amazing amount of work daily, but if you can't provide an up to date service then nobody will want to use it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
19 hours ago, Simple said:

Let's make this clear. You were very disrespectful and rude during the conversation using such words as "f*" and "sh*

 

16 hours ago, Simple said:

Let's start complaining about 1 scrap in every price.(After a mod spent a full day checking prices and making sure to have fixed every wrong price)

Let's spam the moderators with 500 messages.

Let's annoy people so they pay attention to us.

Let's be disrespectful against staff that warned before about bad behavior.

 

The user was rude. And just for that he deserved it.

 

10 hours ago, Simple said:

Right After I changed 700 prices

 

Try to keep updated and verified +/- 20000 items ;) I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing.

 

 

As bad as he might've been, no user of your site deserves to be disrespected just as you were and like Harry said, you can handle bad words and spam; any moderator/administrator HAS TO. You are a part of a bigger organization than yourself so it is important for you to recognize you also represent that organization. Anything you say or do is as if STN itself is talking and that should always be on your mind when you talk to anyone, regardless of the conversation. That being said, your workload does not excuse your actions and using it to do so makes you and STN look worse (if that's even possible considering all the negative press this site has received). In this scenario, you are both in the wrong. The only thing you BOTH can do is try to learn from this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like this would be a lot easier if either of you actually had chat logs of the conversation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...