Relationships and Break Ups

sanny

So fellow users, a few hours ago I fucked up royally. I lost one of the very few reasons that make me happy in my life, and at this point, I don't think it will ever be fixed. Needless to say, I'm an emotional wreck currently. 

With that being said, I would like to ask you people a question: How do/would YOU handle a break up? If you really cared about your significant other that much, how would you get them back? And if they refuse to talk to you, what would you do to get them back? 

I need all the help I can get people.

Move on, get rid of anything that reminds you of the person and try and survive the first week which will be utter shit.

So fellow users, a few hours ago I fucked up royally. I lost one of the very few reasons that make me happy in my life, and at this point, I don't think it will ever be fixed. Needless to say, I'm an emotional wreck currently. 

With that being said, I would like to ask you people a question: How do/would YOU handle a break up? If you really cared about your significant other that much, how would you get them back? And if they refuse to talk to you, what would you do to get them back? 

I need all the help I can get people.

I think we're a bit short on knowledge to help you out. Are you a boy or a girl. I assume your partner broke the relation, because when your emotions are this strong you wouldn't have broken up with your partner.

I'm doing this all on theory because I've never had a relation, but people tend to have very strong emotions when breaking up. This may mean that your partner doesn't want to talk to you.

My advice would be to tell him/her immediately you love him/her. But then lay low for around a week to not seem like a stalker. After this week I guess try to contact him/her again, the emotions will have cooled down a bit, and hopefully your partner will agree to a conversation about it. In this conversation, mention you still love the person very much and allow your emotions to flow. Try to be yourself, that's the person they fell in love with after all. 

Stay tough

Oooh boy, I'm so sorry for you, go on in your life, go get all of your wishes possible, don't cry all over the place go on with it. How to handle : go on your life and make your dreams come true

I assume your partner broke the relation, because when your emotions are this strong you wouldn't have broken up with your partner.

I'm doing this all on theory because I've never had a relation, but people tend to have very strong emotions when breaking up. This may mean that your partner doesn't want to talk to you.

My advice would be to tell him/her immediately you love him/her. But then lay low for around a week to not seem like a stalker. After this week I guess try to contact him/her again, the emotions will have cooled down a bit, and hopefully your partner will agree to a conversation about it. In this conversation, mention you still love the person very much and allow your emotions to flow. Try to be yourself, that's the person they fell in love with after all. 

Stay tough

You basically nailed the first two lines. And for the rest that's pretty much what I needed to hear I think. I may have done the complete opposite of that because ya know. I'd just keep fucking up more.

You basically nailed the first two lines. And for the rest that's pretty much what I needed to hear I think. I may have done the complete opposite of that because ya know. I'd just keep fucking up more.

It's very very tough I know, but stay positive. We do not want to lose another forumer to relation problems. Enjoy the good things in life. Do NOT sit in your room alone with narcotics. It will just make stuff worse. Meet up with friends, family or just go out to a zoo or something (maybe just me, but zoos make me happy). Do stuff you know you liked doing in the past. Try to be happy, but don't force it with alcohol/drugs is what I'm trying to say I guess

Oh stop being so dramatic! You can easily get another inflatable doll at Costco or something. 

Actions leads to emotions. Like when you go to a ballerina concert, (excuse this terrible example) your natural emotion would be to whine and pout when you see the concert because of your pessimism. However, you can change that. By changing emotion by that action by thinking positively you can pretend that you like that ballerina concert and enjoy it to survive that concert.

Same deal here, your actions caused you to be super depressed because of your natural emotions. You can change that by looking at the positive side of life of being single. I have no experience of being in a relationship nor being a single adult from a relationship, but I'm sure there are things to enjoy that you can do as a single life that you couldn't do on a relationship.

If all else fails, try going out a bit. By doing outside activities, you release endorphins which helps you cope/deal with stress a lot easier. I personally like to run a couple miles to clear out my mind.

What I'm trying to say here is: don't think like a pessimist and think positively. Control your emotions and you will get through this roadblock.

Watch SimplePickup on Youtube. They are hilarious, and they give relationship tips.

Its likely pity numbers, not from my experience, but people claim that people give them their numbers but never call. 

Its likely pity numbers, not from my experience, but people claim that people give them their numbers but never call. 

they don't give their numbers because of privacy issues i think, or something like that. The whatever channel made a video explaining why on their 2nd channel.

Hmmmm my advice is that nothing in life if set in stone, if they wanted to break up with you then it isnt worth your time trying to make things work. A relationship only strives when both parties make sacrifices for each other and work things out to a conclusion.

Just lay down low, get rid of anything which reminds you of him/her and what ever you are thinking or doing which is even remotely got to do with him/her dont, you're quite emotional atm and it might turn out to be a very very bad decision. Calm down, get your mind of things for 1-2 weeks before thinking about doing anything >~<

Think about other things to distract yourself. If you can't, try to think of it this way: you shouldn't be sad because it's gone, you should be happy because it happened.

Thank you everyone who posted something on this thread. You guys really did bring my mood up and I can't thank you guys enough for that. She is laready with someone else who is an absolute loser. She was clearly not worth my time or effort.

Once again, you guys are the best.

She is already with someone else.

I just got really angry reading this. I don't understand how anyone could do this to another person. At least show some fucking respect. I also don't understand the guy she's with now. I wouldn't want to be with someone if I knew that person doesn't give a fuck about other people's feelings.

You say you don't think it will ever be fixed. This is definitely not true. There's very few people whose first love is their last and only one. You will find someone else eventually, you just have to take your time to get back on track and survive until you find her.

Many people say you should do things with other people and try to forget about your ex. I don't believe this is the best for everybody. Some people need to take their time to be alone and think about what happened first. This girl wasn't just an insignificant person, she was a very important part of your life. Denying that would be lying to yourself, and that might not be beneficial in the long term.

If you're a very social person normally, going out and doing stuff with other people might actually be the best way to get over this, but realize that you are not Average Person. Do what fits your way of thinking and your lifestyle. Don't force yourself to do things that you don't want, just because they work for other people.

Stay strong, and the best of luck to you!

Archived