Is steam's location service reliable?

FRY Zimzams

The reason i ask is as follows: my mother has a problem with some online magazine and stupidly decided to delete cookies, meaning i had to re-enter all my saved passwords

whilst doing this i realized that steam though my IP was in the location "STOKE GRIFFITH ENGLAND", which is the right country but no where near where i live, almost as far away from me in England as you can get really.

is this normal? The "is this location not right" link took me to a "how to report phishing page", however i doubt i've been phished as nothing in by backpack's changed and i am very careful not to click on any steam community links on OP or whatever

The reason i ask is as follows: my mother has a problem with some online magazine and stupidly decided to delete cookies, meaning i had to re-enter all my saved passwords

whilst doing this i realized that steam though my IP was in the location "STOKE GRIFFITH ENGLAND", which is the right country but no where near where i live, almost as far away from me in England as you can get really.

is this normal? The "is this location not right" link took me to a "how to report phishing page", however i doubt i've been phished as nothing in by backpack's changed and i am very careful not to click on any steam community links on OP or whatever

It keeps telling me the account was attempted to be accessed from a whole different city in the Netherlands, nowhere near me. If the country is right, it's most likely you

It keeps telling me the account was attempted to be accessed from a whole different city in the Netherlands, nowhere near me. If the country is right, it's most likely you

Unless you're Russian

Archived