Lemonade stands

MC22

What's the point of kids selling lemonade?

No one buys them to drink and profits are lower than my daily tf2 haul and parents end up having to drink it all.

• Administrators

Pretty much this explains it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/6-old-lemonade-stand-raises-10-000-dad-165341449.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/boy-6-raises-10k-through-lemonade-stand-for-dads-cancer-treatments/

Perhaps not in your neighborhood but plenty of other neighborhoods buys lemonade from lemonade stands. It teaches kids/young teenagers of making money and business. Its not much, but its a start.

• Administrators

Does it really happen? In the UK no one does anything like that

Yeah, in U.S it happens a lot.  :P

Does it really happen? In the UK no one does anything like that

I haven't seen one in probably 10 years. And for 5 of those years I worked a driving job. Short answer: no.

What if this is how lemonade companies make their money

buying child produced lemonade in bulk for 10 cents a pop

and then selling it for 200x the value

If you try to sell anything in the UK you have to get it tested and a license, even if you're a kid

In the US you technically need a license as well--but what cop is going to arrest an 8-year old for selling lemonade. 

When I was really young back in the day I wanted to make a lemon aid stand to be able to buy some cool toys at the time, but my parents wouldn't let me. Even at such a young age I always thought of business, interesting.

I mostly see them in resort towns during the summer times. I always make it a point to buy a cup. Yeah, I can get it cheaper somewhere else, but I am pretty sure I am like one out of five customers they get that day.

The sad thing is that the stands are actually illegal if you don't have a permit 0.o

It's such a guerrilla operation it won't even be looked at. You'd be surprised how many times everyone breaks the law daily, in fact every time we sleep we're breaking the law (that is an entire new can of worms though).

It's such a guerrilla operation it won't even be looked at. You'd be surprised how many times everyone breaks the law daily, in fact every time we sleep we're breaking the law (that is an entire new can of worms though).

WEll idk about you guys but in my neighouborhood there are so asshole cops -.-

WEll idk about you guys but in my neighouborhood there are so asshole cops -.-

If they're assholes then they're probably on the paycheck if you know what I mean

Archived