Don't Use Suggestions to Prove a Point

cleverpun

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/524d6d994dd7b8cd4b8b4568 yep.

I can understand that punishing lazy voters may be counter-intuitive but I clearly STATED that there is proof in the thumbnail, thus not trying to trick anyone. I would just love to hear the reason for this ban (not crying though, I kinda provoked didn't I). I can't even respond to the counter-proof now.

As already aforementioned:

Punishing users for voting poorly is counter-intuitive in a dozen different ways. Warning people for making bad suggestions is not.

He or she gave you a verbal warning here to simply stick to posting a suggestion with no added frills, yet you went on to make another suggestion meant to lead voters astray, and not only that, made reference to cleverpun as if to suggest that you were trying to call him out on it.

Side Note: You're lying when you say it was "clearly stated" that proof was in the comments. I saw the original post with simply spamming red text, and I saw you modify it later. Do not lie about your actions thinking they will go unnoticed.

As already aforementioned by cleverpun: "Punishing users for voting poorly is counter-intuitive in a dozen different ways. Warning people for making bad suggestions is not."

He gave you a verbal warning to simply stick to posting a suggestion with no added frills, yet you went on to make another suggestion meant to lead voters astray, and not only that, made reference to cleverpun as if to suggest that you were trying to call him out on it.

Did you even get my point? I DIDN'T TRICK ANYONE, thus not punishing anyone. It was clearly stated ("there is proof") that this is a serious suggestion. Some people write 5 lines long introductions which have nothing to do with the item basically doing the same as I do, yet that is allowed. I can understand that the first is misleading, the second one isnt though.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/524d6d994dd7b8cd4b8b4568 yep.

I can understand that punishing lazy voters may be counter-intuitive but I clearly STATED that there is proof in the thumbnail, thus not trying to trick anyone. I would just love to hear the reason for this ban (not crying though, I kinda provoked didn't I). I can't even respond to the counter-proof now.

It was made very clear that suggestions made to promote a message isnt allowed whether you have proof or no proof  and you were also warned before.

I see no issues with your ban. Just stick to making normal straight forward suggestions when you return.

Although, I agree here with Caberman. He said there was proof, where was the misleading post? He can't even respond to counterproof. Is that even fair?

Did you even get my point? I DIDN'T TRICK ANYONE, thus not punishing anyone. It was clearly stated ("there is proof") that this is a serious suggestion. Some people write 5 lines long introductions which have nothing to do with the item basically doing the same as I do, yet that is allowed. I can understand that the first is misleading, the second one isnt though.

I already addressed this when I edited my original reply. It was not stated originally, you edited it in afterwards.

I already addressed this when I edited my comment. It was not stated originally, you edited it in afterwards.

It was edited literally 10 seconds afterwarts, since I made a mistake with the "red text" (wrote it above instead below). Don't throw around claims which you can't prove, I didn't even had the time to edit it later since I got banned pretty quickly.

It was made very clear that suggestions made to promote a message isnt allowed whether you have proof or no proof  had and you were also warned before.

I see no issues with your ban. Just stick to making normal straight forward suggestions when you return.

Oh I know exactly what I'm gonna do when I return. I will start writing stupid 5-lines long introdutions whether it be a haikou, an unfunny joke or a dramatic story which everyone seems to love. These have the same effect but are apparantly not punishable are they?

Oh I know exactly what I'm gonna do when I return. I will start writing stupid 5-lines long introdutions whether it be a haikou, an unfunny joke or a dramatic story which everyone seems to love. These have the same effect but are apparantly not punishable are they?

Antagonizing people will only delay your return in the form of an extended ban. I do not see why you are becoming so hung up on sticking to some "principle" of yours which already has a precedent of being counter-intuitive and a bannable offense. If you want to make a price suggestion, then simply make a price suggestion, but do not waste the time of the moderating staff and voters because you think added a few lines at the beginning should be allowed when you've already been told multiple times that it is not. If you want to add a few lines at the end of your suggestion, then by all means, be my guest. I've done that on almost all my Crown suggestions, but I do not let it get in the way of the text seen by the voters on the main page.

Antagonizing people will only delay your return in the form of an extended ban. I do not see why you are becoming so hung up on sticking to some "principle" of yours which already has a precedent of being counter-intuitive and a bannable offense. If you want to make a price suggestion, then simply make a price suggestion, but do not waste the time of the moderating staff and voters because you think added a few lines at the beginning should be allowed when you've already been told multiple times that it is not. If you want to add a few lines at the end of your suggestion, then by all means, be my guest. I've done that on almost all my Crown suggestions, but I do not let it get in the way of the text seen by the voters on the main page.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51fbe04dba2536e173000008

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/524e5d734dd7b86c518b4568

I found these 2 within 2 minutes of searching. Same "bannable offense" by not showing whether it is a valid suggestion or not, just a different form. In the time of the big falling of the genuines these texts were on basically every suggestion and liked by around 90% of the community (not including me). Heck, there was a time where everybody started posting his proof in the comments since you can kinda see there the up-/downvotes. And tbh I have no idea why started all of this, it's just a defect in the system which I feel like is unnecessary and could be easely solved by, for example, removing the vote option on the main page. BTW I could still vote on suggestion through the main page as well, something which should have been fixed a long time ago.

EDIT: Maybe the second link isnt the best example.

Baloo should be a freaking mod. The way he carries himself... He's way too good not to be.

He's going to apply in March. Calling it.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51fbe04dba2536e173000008

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/524e5d734dd7b86c518b4568

I found these 2 within 2 minutes of searching. Same "bannable offense" by not showing whether it is a valid suggestion or not, just a different form. In the time of the big falling of the genuines these texts were on basically every suggestion and liked by around 90% of the community (not including me). Heck, there was a time where everybody started posting his proof in the comments since you can kinda see there the up-/downvotes. And tbh I have no idea why started all of this, it's just a defect in the system which I feel like is unnecessary and could be easely solved by, for example, removing the vote option on the main page. BTW I could still vote on suggestion through the main page as well, something which should have been fixed a long time ago.

EDIT: Maybe the second link isnt the best example.

There's a difference between telling a little joke about the item at the beginning of a suggestion, and purposefully setting up the suggestion to appear like one to downvote. Looking into your past suggestions you can clearly see where you've put little jokes about the item at the beginning and had no issues with it:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51e7e6e14bd7b8480e00000e

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52153a6a4bd7b81812000007

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52160791ba2536ba5f000011

However, with these two recent suggestions for the Borscht Belt and Cheet Sheet you haven't been telling little jokes at the beginning, but rather made two quips that were not funny and were meant to be seen as, quote:

A3aNywA.png

• 1 month later...

Cleaing up this forum part4.

Linked this thread to the suggestion guide. Unpinning this to reduce the number of pinned threads (8).

The rule still applies of couse.

Archived