Allow pricing of Strangifiers

Pyroman

6a465.jpgThis makes below 0 sense. The sentence is contradictory to itself, by saying how "only outputs can be priced" yet says "strangifiers are automatically valued"

Taken from http://backpack.tf/vote/5661/6/0 (i.e. Pomson-only strangifier, note how it still supports pricing by defindex)

http://backpack.tf/vote/Unique/Strangifier/Tradable/Craftable - leads to the same page

How would strangifiers' value be automatically generated if double qualities with different prices exist, anyway? That's why I suggest to allow pricing them separately.

Also, Chemistry Sets don't have any "suggested value" whatsoever, unlike how it's stated. Perhaps because outputs don't have any value at all. Or Brad just forgot to put it in.

It could also come in handy to price Kits, but Sheen and Killstreaker support should be added first.

Don't plan on allowing individual strangifiers to be priced, nor chemistry sets because their inputs vary. What will (eventually) happen is the strangifier value will be defined by its output, or target item. (so a strange pomsom strangifier would be valued at the price of a strange pomson minus the price of the pomsom)

Same goes for chemistry sets. If the output is a strangifier, then the value of the chemistry set should be the value of this above minus the input items.

That hasn't been completed yet but it will come.

Ehh, I think that would still raise problems though. Maybe not for miscs, but the Pomson Strangifier is like Bacon Grease: people like to apply it themselves(like maybe to apply for stuff recieved from a friend/lowcraft/etc), thus making the price of the strangifier/grease actually go more than a strange pomson/pan.

Miscs probably have a different issue since they're more expensive and not as common as weapons.

I don't think bacon grease is a good example, because it is a limited item. People (like me) keep one because it is a unique item with a unique icon, driving the price higher. Bacon grease can be priced.

Archived