Trader rep?

dabaers

Would be nice to be able to +rep a trader from their backpack.tf profile and to see how much rep someone has on their profile.  Somehow able to count +rep comments on their profile?

Many people dont really use Sop but for many irl money purchases it's often required by the seller.

+rep on profile means jack all as you can easily remove the unwanted comments.

Most sellers such as myself normally just look at the hours played, bought games on the account and make a quick judgement, obviously asking for some form of rep if it's a large amount of money.

Sometimes I look at how many "+reps" people have on their steam profile. I look to see how long it dates back, the diversity of the comments, and if they are spread out date wise. I don't use this as the deciding factor, but I don't think people leaving comments every few days for several years are likely to be scammers. 

Sometimes I look at how many "+reps" people have on their steam profile. I look to see how long it dates back, the diversity of the comments, and if they are spread out date wise. I don't use this as the deciding factor, but I don't think people leaving comments every few days for several years are likely to be scammers. 

Yis, I am very trustworthy

Many people dont really use Sop but for many irl money purchases it's often required by the seller.

+rep on profile means jack all as you can easily remove the unwanted comments.

Most sellers such as myself normally just look at the hours played, bought games on the account and make a quick judgement, obviously asking for some form of rep if it's a large amount of money.

There was this scammer who added me to buy 3 keys, and has like more than 70-80 over games with 5-7 years on steam (I can't remember exactly). After he paid for it, he immediately chargeback a few hours later. The keys he bought from me were gone from his bp, assuming he bought a game with it. I checked SteamRep and it appears that he had a large number of reports against him but steamrep didn't accept any of them for months, which is why he was not marked as a scammer. Instead of reporting to steamrep, I first reported him to valve, got him trade banned, then report to outpost forums where BSOD did a pretty fast job in getting him banned and informing steamrep to mark him as scammer. 

So nowadays, I don't really trust a person based on the number of games he got because he could've scammed someone of their keys to buy the games. Instead, I check in SteamRep forums to see if there's any report against him, or check his previous trades on outpost as previous victims sometimes post on his closed trades to warn other ppl that he's a scammer. 

There was this scammer who added me to buy 3 keys, and has like more than 70-80 over games with 5-7 years on steam (I can't remember exactly). After he paid for it, he immediately chargeback a few hours later. The keys he bought from me were gone from his bp, assuming he bought a game with it. I checked SteamRep and it appears that he had a large number of reports against him but steamrep didn't accept any of them for months, which is why he was not marked as a scammer. Instead of reporting to steamrep, I first reported him to valve, got him trade banned, then report to outpost forums where BSOD did a pretty fast job in getting him banned and informing steamrep to mark him as scammer. 

So nowadays, I don't really trust a person based on the number of games he got because he could've scammed someone of their keys to buy the games. Instead, I check in SteamRep forums to see if there's any report against him, or check his previous trades on outpost as previous victims sometimes post on his closed trades to warn other ppl that he's a scammer. 

I do all this everytime before I trade something for money. Hours played, games and steam level are becoming a more important factor nowadays.

Archived