Teamfortress 2 lag

Bakgrund

Hey,

I've had this problem for a long time now and it's kind of pissing me off  so i'm going to see if someone has a solution.

It's basically fps-dropping sometimes, on all maps.

My system should run the game more than fine, pc specs:

Radeon hd 7950, i5 2500k, 8GB vengeance 1600MHz CL9 ram, Newton r3 80+ platinum 600w psu, 180GB intel 330 ssd and a 1TB seagate barracuda drive which the game is installed on.

I've tried to vrtify integrity of game cache and reinstall the game with no succes.

Same, but Chris HL CFG helped me.

Did you solve it? 

edit: thought it was a person, lol.

After googling i understand it's custom cfg files?

I am having troubles all the time now. I assume it was due to this valve/steam screw up with this update. It may be something with my vonnection. Idk

Unfortunately this didn't work, and i should not need to do so either.

Weird, it worked wonders for WotR, the only game I've had major graphical trouble/lag with.

My problems started with the smissmiss update. I now think the broken trading system is effecting my computer. Btw, there r 2 more games that have tradable items.

lol my game runs on the highest graphics and settings and it runs with no lag AT ALL, but when connecting to a server, it is kind of slow :(

• 2 weeks later...

Tf2 lag. I've had this problem for a long time. To the point I couldn't even move decently anymore. Ruined the entire game.

So I asked around and now I've got some programmes installed.

At the start my fps was like 10-30. After installing my first program I got it to 30-40.

And now I'm at 50-60 fps.

Even if I suck terribly at computers there are enough turtorials out there that can help you out. Or just ask a friend.

My graphics are not that good anymore as they used to be...but hey..who plays tf2 for the graphics anyway? Main thing is I can play decently again.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but after googling for a long while i found someone that had the same problem and found the same solution as me.

He had a fairly similar rig as me.

But now to the solution, just if someone would google it in the future and find this topic. Just turn down AA to 4x, 8x seem to produce lag even on the most powerful systems.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but after googling for a long while i found someone that had the same problem and found the same solution as me.

He had a fairly similar rig as me.

But now to the solution, just if someone would google it in the future and find this topic. Just turn down AA to 4x, 8x seem to produce lag even on the most powerful systems.

Hmm... I run the game at 60 FPS with 16xQ AA with my shit card. There might be another problem

Ugh, I installed maxframe cfg, but now I don't see the capture points. (Points that are captured and those that aren't.)

How do I fix this?

I have all of my settings at their minimum and I still have FPS issues on very big and detailed maps. Usually ones with a big render distance are the ones that make my FPS drop.

Yeah, my computer sucks. :c

• 7 months later...
Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 10, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 10, 2014 - No reason given

Hey,

I've had this problem for a long time now and it's kind of pissing me off  so i'm going to see if someone has a solution.

It's basically fps-dropping sometimes, on all maps.

My system should run the game more than fine, pc specs:

Radeon hd 7950, i5 2500k, 8GB vengeance 1600MHz CL9 ram, Newton r3 80+ platinum 600w psu, 180GB intel 330 ssd and a 1TB seagate barracuda drive which the game is installed on.

I've tried to vrtify integrity of game cache and reinstall the game with no succes.

Reasons for getting high ping(lag)  value.

1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.

2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.

3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 10, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 10, 2014 - No reason given

Whenever I play Mann Up and when the Giant Heavies and Giant Medics come, my computer sometimes jumps from 209 ping (because I'm nowhere near US) to 500-600 ping

Archived