A quick question regarding buds

Grimes

There are no more events. The only reason why buds went down I believe is to stock up for Christmas and Halloween unboxing spree. Now that is over, they are rising back up to their original price hopefully.

There are no more events. The only reason why buds went down I believe is to stock up for Christmas and Halloween unboxing spree. Now that is over, they are rising back up to their original price hopefully.

Agreed. This happens every year however will buds go over the 20 key mark makes me doubtful. Last time it was about to break the 20 key barrier then all bud hoarders entered the market which brought it down slightly.

Seems like alot of newer traders are under the impression that buds are dropping still so many are still selling for 16-17 :S

There is a thread for bud discussion already.

Valve continue to release "events" that call for people to cash out buds one a month. Doesn't have to be like smissmiss, just other things. One factor is if the only hats rising in value are gen 1 effects than that will suppress the return of the bud price.

the way I look at it

a year ago when buds were 28 keys. Keys were about 3.33 ref

28*3.33 is ~95 ref a bud

now keys are 6.77 and buds are 18

18*6.77 is ~121 ref a bud

so really buds are going up imo though the key value will most likely stay under 20 keys in the foreseeable future.

the way I look at it

a year ago when buds were 28 keys. Keys were about 3.33 ref

28*3.33 is ~95 ref a bud

now keys are 6.77 and buds are 18

18*6.77 is ~121 ref a bud

so really buds are going up imo though the key value will most likely stay under 20 keys in the foreseeable future.

Yes but now ref is cheaper in USD.

The vast amount of traders doesn't do any cash trades and now it takes more drops to generate that value so either the market shrinks or the value of buds in keys goes down.

Do people think buds will really rise above 25 keys again? I did some research over the last few months specifically with regard to how duped items effect the market in general with mixed conclusions.

Currency is always interesting to discuss though.

Infinite free refined, keys with a ceiling price set by valve and all class misc with particle effect used as currency. Imo, keys are like dollars and buds/promos are more like commodities.

Archived