Economic Survey of Backpack.tf Inventory values

SubtleOrbits

Hello everyone, 

I've decided to create a scatter-plot of the change in peoples backpack.tf inventory value growth over time, and I need you're help!

To participate in the survey, all you have to do is post two different values of your inventory within the week. I Intend to take 15 to 30 of these posts and gather them into a chart showing that the longer we have free to play games, the more we spend in them. 

Thank you for your help and support!

Subtle.

, the more we spend in them. 

This would only work in free to play games in which players can't trade with others. Most of backpack.tf users trade to grow their backpack value, therefore the growth isn't correlated with spending money in said game.

• Like 4

I'm making the assumption that garnering valuable items also counts as investing in the game, and therefore inventory value is directly correlated with money invested. Make more sense now?

I'm making the assumption that garnering valuable items also counts as investing in the game, and therefore inventory value is directly correlated with money invested. Make more sense now?

I wouldn't really say money invested just by itself but rather money and time invested - generally holding true in theory for a freemium game.