Why are some people talking about "belts"?

Kiełbasiarz

I don't know If it's something frequently asked now, lel.

Since some days I've seen in suggestions people congratulate themselves for achieving some types of belts. Looked it up on Google and only found some TF2 items on wiki.

So what is happening?

I don't know If it's something frequently asked now, lel.

Since some days I've seen in suggestions people congratulate themselves for achieving some types of belts. Looked it up on Google and only found some TF2 items on wiki.

So what is happening?

Because belts are love belts are life, if you don't have a belt you don't have a life. I just like belts cause they make me feel better about myself, and with belts come points which can increase your voting power (I think.) Also, is there like a special reward for getting black belt?

EDIT: Have I ever congratulated myself on a belt? 

Also, is there like a special reward for getting black belt?

Just you knowing / the confirmation that you have no life

• Like 2

ikdrank-300x260.png

The color on the stars next to a user's name roughly corresponds to the color of belts used in martial arts.

I'd like to mention that the belts do NOT originate from Karate, but from Tae-Kwon-Do, one of the oldest martial arts in the world, outdating Karate by at least half a millenia. Just saying.

Let's make this interesting: would you guys rather keep whatever belt you have right now or get it taken away but you get that belt irl for Taokwando with all the accompanying skills?

Let's make this interesting: would you guys rather keep whatever belt you have right now or get it taken away but you get that belt irl for Taokwando with all the accompanying skills?

Keep my orange belt EZ. Who needs self defense anyway?

Taokwando. Taokwando. Tao, Kwan, Do. Did you mean Tae-Kwon-Do? I don't even know anymore man.

And most definitely. There are no benefits of having a belt on backpack.tf except looking cool.

From what I've heard belts get dirtier as you trains in them until to the point where them become black. 

At this point the belt rips due to being worn out from training in which point you get a new belt. A white belt.

White belt = best belt?

I mean granted white belts sometimes do make the best suggestions when they are made without any proof

. They give me the best laugh.

I have a 1st degree black in Taekwondo, so I'll just stick with that

@thread

you earn belts in bptf buying voting and suggesting to earn rep points for your profile

@thread

you earn belts in bptf buying voting and suggesting to earn rep points for your profile

Isn't it that you get belts based on how many of your suggestions get accepted, not how many points you get?

That's what I believe.

I'd like to mention that the belts do NOT originate from Karate, but from Tae-Kwon-Do, one of the oldest martial arts in the world, outdating Karate by at least half a millenia. Just saying.

Didn't mean to imply that it came from karate. I wrote "martial arts" in my post. The pic is just one of the first pics that popped up on google image.

Isn't it that you get belts based on how many of your suggestions get accepted, not how many points you get?

That's what I believe.

You're right. Just based on suggestions accepted.

Only nice belts are leather belts... Don't know all the talk about colored ones. :huh:

I'd assume your leather belts are coloured. Uncoloured leather looks bad, and not uniform in colour.

Anyway tbh green backpacktf belt is the best belt because that's the best looking one. But now I am blue, forever

I have a belt made from the flesh of dead hitchikers and hookers. kind of has turned brown-ish. 0.o  ... i've said too much again haven't i mother. sorry. i'll go back in my hole

• Administrators

Never did Tae-kwon-do, but when I was a lot younger I practiced Judo. I was a brown belt and could not go for a black belt because there was an age restriction of 18+ (and at that time I was not 18 yet). Thats why I just went ahead and got a black belt here :P

That's what I believe.

right, thanks.  I don't suggest often and I kinda forget about the belts a lot XP

I have a red belt in tae kwon do and it is useless to me.  

• Administrators

i liked blue belt with purple name. that was the best.

now i'm boring black and gross orange.

fuck orange.

i liked blue belt with purple name. that was the best.

now i'm boring black and gross orange.

fuck orange.

You can change your colour back to purple if you want to in the options.

• Administrators

You can change your colour back to purple if you want to in the options.

i need the dumb orange so warnings are clearly from a mod. sadly.

i would prefer all mods be a better colour.

i need the dumb orange so warnings are clearly from a mod. sadly.

i would prefer all mods be a better colour.

write I AM MOD LISTEN TO ME I AM MOD in all your warnings? :P