Webcam disconnects upon PC Restart.

Syndaz

I recently bought a C920 from Best Buy about a week ago. It's great and I love it but once I started overclocking my CPU, my webcam for some reason keeps disconnecting itself every time I shut my PC off and I have to pull it out and plug it back in. This is extremely annoying and I haven't really narrowed the issue down at all. I doubt it's my OC causing the trouble since I'm not having any issues with any other of my USB devices.

What CPU/motherboard do you have?

Have you tried disabling the overclock?

Do you have all the appropriate drivers?

Have you tried the webcam in one of the USB ports that you know works?

What CPU/motherboard do you have?

Have you tried disabling the overclock?

Do you have all the appropriate drivers?

Have you tried the webcam in one of the USB ports that you know works?

6600k and Z170x-UD3 Ultra.

Yes and it has fixed it for now.

It's a plug and play.

I've plugged it in all ports with the exact same result.

6600k and Z170x-UD3 Ultra.

Yes and it has fixed it for now.

It's a plug and play.

I've plugged it in all ports with the exact same result.

I meant any motherboard drivers. I'd also try Logitech's webcam software and see if that solves it. Also, is your overclocked 100% stable (does it pass Aida64, or Prime95)?

I meant any motherboard drivers. I'd also try Logitech's webcam software and see if that solves it. Also, is your overclocked 100% stable (does it pass Aida64, or Prime95)?

I have all Mobo drivers installed. Webcam software is meant for the gimmicky stuff like effects. I've tested the OC for an hour on XTU and 10 min on Real Bench. I might try IBT but for now I think I'm good.

I have all Mobo drivers installed. Webcam software is meant for the gimmicky stuff like effects. I've tested the OC for an hour on XTU and 10 min on Real Bench. I might try IBT but for now I think I'm good.

I know, but I'd still at least try it. It's a simple thing to try and I've seen stupider things work. 

I know, but I'd still at least try it. It's a simple thing to try and I've seen stupider things work. 

Oh no I have, that's why I mentioned it's just gimmicky stuff. For now since it seems to work, I think this is a win in my books. Thanks for the help though.

since you mentioned it's plug and play, that doesn't always mean stuff works immediately.

I also had to install new firmware on my "Plug'n'Play" Quickfire XTi for it to work properly. 

Just saying, not sure if that's the issue but don't let that buzzword fool ya.

• 3 years later...