MMO Pricing

There

I can understand a subscription to a point. But then i look at GW & GW2, still going strong without a sub i laugh at P2P models.

This. GW2 and GW show how ridiculous Pay 2 Play models are, and the only excuse left is: "but you get free new content"

1) it's not free

2) $15 per month? no.

New elder scrolls is doing:

$60 initial purchase

$15 per month

In Game Purchase

Non-disclosure agreement ties my hands with regards to details I can give about why it's not looking likely to be worth it. Suffice it to say that I can get a lot more out of $300 next year than a WoW clone with a copy-pasted logo from a respectable brand plastered on top of it.

Isnt the new Elder Scrolls doing $15 a month? (Still buying it :3)

Have you tried it yet? I did the beta, it's literally the worst game I have ever played. If you're expecting it to be ANYTHING like Skyrim, well, don't. I loved Skyrim, I liked Guild Wars 2, I despised ESO.

Oh god I didn't look into the pricing and didn't even know it had a beta. I guess Ill rethink, haven't looked at it since a month ago.

I know, from the interviews and such it sounded like it would be fun, but the actual game horribly optimized garbage.

I remember when runescape was 5$ a month. That was when it was good.

I never got to play P2P until after playing it for a year or two, it was fun, but I wish I had played as p2p in its golden age (RS2 to GE)

Now its just utterly bastardized and sensualized.

I say some mmos are worth paying monthly. 

But i wouldn't do it, as i wouldn't want money being dropped continually into a game. Reason i'm not playing FFIV right now

I remember when runescape was 5$ a month. That was when it was good.

I never got to play P2P until after playing it for a year or two, it was fun, but I wish I had played as p2p in its golden age (RS2 to GE)

Now its just utterly bastardized and sensualized.

yeah it is. i had p2p on runescape between 2004 and 2012. didnt regret it at all between 2004-2010. but afterwards that game turned shit. it was sold to an american company that only cared for the money. so everything is moneybased now and so much micro transations

yeah it is. i had p2p on runescape between 2004 and 2012. didnt regret it at all between 2004-2010. but afterwards that game turned shit. it was sold to an american company that only cared for the money. so everything is moneybased now and so much micro transations

Uh, Jagex is UK based.

Uh, Jagex is UK based.

yeah, but the game got bought (the game or jagex, idk which) like 3-4 years ago by american investors. and like 1 year ago they bought the majority of the stock:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/us-firm-buys-control-of-jagex/0110827

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/09/god-save-the-green-deal-makes-jagex-a-us-company/

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I used to play games like Maplestory and Mabinogi that heavily rolled on the P2W system for F2P. I remember spending $30 a month on Mabinogi on rebirths and premium service. Thank goodness I was too young for debit cards when I was playing Maplestory, because holy fuck... I remember people spending up to $200 a month on Gachapon (pretty much the equilivent to crates you non-weeaboo players) on Maplestory.

And you wonder how Nexon gets away with their shitty server and clients...

Anywho. There are some F2P games that don't require you to pay money, but there are some games that if you don't pay for it, then you're really fucked in the ass with limited gameplay. If anything, I would pay for the $15/month Elit Service fee on Tera Online, since that shit pays for itself (with the package it gives) and it has useful game features.

Well, I used to play games like Maplestory and Mabinogi that heavily rolled on the P2W system for F2P. I remember spending $30 a month on Mabinogi on rebirths and premium service. Thank goodness I was too young for debit cards when I was playing Maplestory, because holy fuck... I remember people spending up to $200 a month on Gachapon (pretty much the equilivent to crates you non-weeaboo players) on Maplestory.

And you wonder how Nexon gets away with their shitty server and clients...

Anywho. There are some F2P games that don't require you to pay money, but there are some games that if you don't pay for it, then you're really fucked in the ass with limited gameplay. If anything, I would pay for the $15/month Elit Service fee on Tera Online, since that shit pays for itself (with the package it gives) and it has useful game features.

The problem with ESO is that its a B2P, P2P and P2W.

Zeni is going to run the ES series into the ground with this game that isnt even like the single player RPG we all know and some love.

Archived