Android vs Apple

TOILET88

iOS just frustrates me less and tends to work more consistently with less bugs/glitches. Plus it generally seems smoother and less choppy.

I switched from my Razr Maxx to a 5s because the Razr became incredibly laggy and the only way to fix it was to root and overclock it, which then broke text messages to the point where I'd just randomly not get half my texts. I also recently had a Galaxy Note 8 which I got rid of after not too long after getting it since it was just sluggish and didn't offer an enjoyable user experience. I've also used a friends S7 for a bit, and it's also just not quite as enjoyable to use as my 6s+.

I get where you're coming from, I've had some iPhones and stuff in the past... As I've said before, it's a shame that the majority of android devices are either not much bang for buck crap or Samsung (equally crap). I don't expect your preference to change, but try a newer phone that isn't a samsung, see what you think :P

I get where you're coming from, I've had some iPhones and stuff in the past... As I've said before, it's a shame that the majority of android devices are either not much bang for buck crap or Samsung (equally crap). I don't expect your preference to change, but try a newer phone that isn't a samsung, see what you think :P

I've used other Android phones, but like I said, they're basically the same for most tasks as iOS, but I still prefer iOS. Plus the integration with OS X means that Android would have to be significantly better than iOS, for my needs, to consider switching. At the time that I switched to iOS (5s) I was considering the One M8 and the Droid Maxx. I wouldn't personally consider Samsung devices since I hate Touch Wiz and I don't want to be bothered with having to root. (If I had to go Android I'd probably get a Moto Z Force).

I'm a big fan of iDevices (not macs/macbooks.)

I haven't been without an iPad for years. My current iPad, an ipad pro 9.7 inch, is running jailbroken iOS 10.0.0. I just love the simplicity and fluidity of iOS, it's intuitive and smooth. Apple is constantly creating new features and improving the operating system, and if you arent satisfied with base features, you can jailbreak like me. I've always had my iPads jailbroken, and I use centralized screen gestures to be able to control just about everything insanely quickly and without ever pressing any buttons.

Even with the customization allowed by android operating systems, I really feel that a jailbroken apple device is so much easier to use and more powerful.

Not to mention the massive app store and ease of connectivity.

Idk for cheaper shit and to use steam on mobile I guess android or google .

But really I just like use a iPad or iPod for music or pokemonshowdown(on iPad tho)

Android is good for emulators.

Windows phone idk but for Xbox people only but easier for music.

but then Apple is getting mostly good games but I guess I just like the simplicity but I wish you can customize it and have animated backgrounds like android does but I'm more used to Apple I'm not one of those people who really do care about the graphics or power on phones or tablets just as long as I can talk and hear music

I'm a big fan of iDevices (not macs/macbooks.)

I haven't been without an iPad for years. My current iPad, an ipad pro 9.7 inch, is running jailbroken iOS 10.0.0. I just love the simplicity and fluidity of iOS, it's intuitive and smooth. Apple is constantly creating new features and improving the operating system, and if you arent satisfied with base features, you can jailbreak like me. I've always had my iPads jailbroken, and I use centralized screen gestures to be able to control just about everything insanely quickly and without ever pressing any buttons.

Even with the customization allowed by android operating systems, I really feel that a jailbroken apple device is so much easier to use and more powerful.

Not to mention the massive app store and ease of connectivity.

I can see where you're coming from ease-of-use wise. Power, less so... If you're talking about specs, I'm running a Oneplus 3 which has the latest snap processor and enough ram to beat a bog standard laptop (I think it's 6 gig).

I feel like people's opinions on android are based on the shitty reputation they built up early on... Unless you're a dev/tinkering nerd like me, android builds are actually really stable now (Unless it's samsung firmware, that'll always be rammed with all kinds of shite).

I can see where you're coming from ease-of-use wise. Power, less so... If you're talking about specs, I'm running a Oneplus 3 which has the latest snap processor and enough ram to beat a bog standard laptop (I think it's 6 gig).

The iPhone's CPU is technically more powerful. The A10 basically outperforms everything in both single and multi-threaded performance and previous CPUs outperformed in single-threaded performance and yielded similar multi-threaded performance to the top tier Exynos/SD SOCs. In terms of raw power, the iPhone 7 is more powerful than the OP3. Then consider the fact that iOS is highly optimized for specific hardware, so you can't always directly compare performance. Not that it really matters since the hardware in both is more than fast enough. 

Also, RAM is irrelevant when comparing between iOS and Android since the memory management is entirely different (iOS needs far less RAM), plus, 6gb is way overkill on Android regardless. 

I feel like people's opinions on android are based on the shitty reputation they built up early on... Unless you're a dev/tinkering nerd like me, android builds are actually really stable now (Unless it's samsung firmware, that'll always be rammed with all kinds of shite).

I've used Android recently, and I still prefer iOS. 

I'll never buy a phone where I can't even replace the battery, have expandable memory, or have other basic functionalities removed. I also can't stand iTunes which is a major downside for me, it's a hassle to sync all your music or remove it from your library (at least in my experiences). I don't believe in buying virtual licenses to albums/songs so to be able to take the music straight from my CDs is a huge plus. The only thing I wish Android had was a good voice command program like Siri, Ok, Google really isn't that great. Overall though I'd choose Android any day, converted 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. I have an LG G4.

I guess it boils down to form or function then

I still wouldn't agree with that. I don't care about the looks of my phone. 

I'll never buy a phone where I can't even replace the battery, have expandable memory, or have other basic functionalities removed. I also can't stand iTunes which is a major downside for me, it's a hassle to sync all your music or remove it from your library (at least in my experiences). I don't believe in buying virtual licenses to albums/songs so to be able to take the music straight from my CDs is a huge plus. The only thing I wish Android had was a good voice command program like Siri, Ok, Google really isn't that great. Overall though I'd choose Android any day, converted 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. I have an LG G4.

You can put music from CDs onto an iPhone (and into iTunes).

Well it must just be preference of firmware then ;)

Edit: ...which is the whole reason I opened this thread *facepalm*

Still no. 

The reason people like iPhones is the same reason that people like ____ Android phone or _____ Windows phone. It satisfies the most desires with the least drawbacks. Some people get the iPhone for the hardware, others for the software, and others for a combination of the two. 

Nexus phones > iOS > skinned android.

I wish more phones offered AOSP/stock android. The Google Pixel looks cool but honestly I'd just prefer another 'developer' phone like the nexuses.

Nexus phones > iOS > skinned android.

I wish more phones offered AOSP/stock android. The Google Pixel looks cool but honestly I'd just prefer another 'developer' phone like the nexuses.

At least the Pixel is pretty close to stock. 

I've got a nexus 5, jumped ship after that though. Awesome, have you taken a disliking towards me or something?

No, but your posts aren't accurately representing why people decide to go for one thing or the other. The final conclusion you came to was that it's entirely down to firmware (I assume you mean software), and I would say that should ultimately be the biggest deciding factor for any purchase (android, iOS, or windows phone). However, you still have to consider those people who buy based on the hardware -- and there are hardware advantages to the iPhone (just like there are hardware advantages to basically all of the high end/good phones).

Plus there are other factors to consider than just hardware/software -- support, resale value, and name recognition being the others. A lot of people who buy iPhones (and Galaxies) tend to buy them because they recognize the brand/marketing and know that they won't have a hard time getting support. Plus people associate unknown brands as second-rate and thus instantly discredit them. 

The point is, there isn't a simple reason why anyone chooses one platform over the other. They all have their advantages and disadvantages and at the end of the day, the user decides which advantages are worth which disadvantages and then buy the product that best suits their needs/wants.