Laptop Fan failed

AwesomeMcCoolName

So my laptop fan just stopped working. When i try to turn on my computer it just freezes while loading the bios. 

I'm assuming the mobo over-heated--and is fried, but is there any way to check to see what part is actually burned out?

Normally i'd just boot into some diagnostics, but i can't boot it up at all.

edit: it might actually just be a fried stick of memory, although the fan still isn't working :/ 

edit2: scratch that, somehow managed to fix the fan.....not sure how though 

so whats the question now? how to check what's working?

nope, i got it. I stopped being lazy and decided to take out the ram and the mb battery to give it a hard restart, rebooted it with one stick of ram and it booted up (fan still wasn't working); then moved that stick to the other slot, and the fan was working, and then put the other stick back in....

So......its working now. 

So my laptop fan just stopped working. When i try to turn on my computer it just freezes while loading the bios. 

I'm assuming the mobo over-heated--and is fried, but is there any way to check to see what part is actually burned out?

If the fan is dead and it's over heating after some use the laptop would just suddenly shut down. i would suggest either getting can of compressed air to clear out the dust and gunk in your laptop or to take the laptop apart and clean out the fan that way.

My laptop kept over heating and i had to take it apart recently ): <----actually my friend did it for me and I just helped ^-^b

If the fan is dead and it's over heating after some use the laptop would just suddenly shut down. i would suggest either getting can of compressed air to clear out the dust and gunk in your laptop or to take the laptop apart and clean out the fan that way.

My laptop kept over heating and i had to take it apart recently ): <----actually my friend did it for me and I just helped ^-^b

yea....knew that, except often times it won't shut down in time as it a lot of computers don't monitor mb temps. 

as for taking it apart, thats going to be a last ditch effort if it ever fails again, since Dell is actually mentally retarded when it comes to laptop design. Theres literally 40 screws and 10 different layers to remove in order to gain access to anything other than the hdd/ram.

Archived