Worth using marketplace.tf for selling items (i.e. Unusuals)?

ℕ Hilbert-WARing Theorem™

A while back, I was approved for selling items on marketplace.tf, but never used it. Wondering how effective it is at selling Unusuals for approx. the cash equivalent to bp.tf prices. How does it compare to the rate of item offers? When you list an item with marketplace.tf, it actually goes to the inventory of a bot, which will prevent trade offers from being sent for the item.

I was never on the marketplace.tf buyer side, but I did use to sell unusuals, so I think I can give you my view of marketplace.tf

The prices are horrible relatively to other sellers. I'd just visit it at times to see if there was a legendary rare heavy hat I could snatch, albeit at a higher expense, though that never really happened and if it did, the laughably high rate would just turn me away.

The prices aren't all that bad for lowtiers, and I can see those being sold on marketplace in a relatively short timeframe. Every now and then you're going to get one person with a lot of money who naturally doesn't care for the conversion rate and just get what they want, but that seldom happens.

All in all, I'd personally use it for undesirable low-tiers that I have a hard time selling. I don't think you should bother with high-tiers however, if you advertise them by yourself you can have up to three supports (outpost, bp and bazaar). You're more likely to get a better deal than to wait on a bot to sell your items for an exorbitant price.

• Like 4