Ban policies in regards to alts

Jesus Lord Almighty Christ

Mostafaafg was recently banned as he was found out to be 2+2's alt. He was banned due to making suggestions and voting on his alt. Since I have an alt account and plan on using it, I had a question. Is using my main to vote/suggest while my alt only uses classifields to sell things (and my main does not) in line with backpack.tf's policy on alts? In other words, would I get banned for doing this? Thanks.

Mostafaafg was recently banned as he was found out to be 2+2's alt. He was banned due to making suggestions and voting on his alt. Since I have an alt account and plan on using it, I had a question. Is using my main to vote/suggest while my alt only uses classifields to sell things (and my main does not) in line with backpack.tf's policy on alts? In other words, would I get banned for doing this? Thanks.

i don't think so. He was probably banned for trolling with his alt. 

I can't see any problem with using an alt--assuming you don't use it for voting/suggesting anyway. 

I don't see a problem with what you are suggesting provided that you are actually trading from your alt (and not just using it to get more classifieds slots). i.e. the concern here would be if people started making loads of alts and mass-flooding classifieds. But be smart, don't abuse the system, and nobody would have a problem with it.

As for the other ban in question, talked with some of the other mods and we found at least one instance where he voted on the same suggestion from more than one account. Irrespective of that, it doesn't exactly put the website in the best light for people to be making suggestions from alts to avoid suspicion. The point of this website is to be as transparent as possible regarding how prices are established (as opposed to some other pricelists). Using alts as a way to make suggestions would not achieve this goal.

I don't see a problem with what you are suggesting provided that you are actually trading from your alt (and not just using it to get more classifieds slots). i.e. the concern here would be if people started making loads of alts and mass-flooding classifieds.

In regards to your point about mass flooding the classifieds hasnt there been many times in the past where multiple users have flooded the classifieds which effects the price drastically. Notably with the buds where a few users flooded the classifieds with cheap buds (filling up 2-3 pages) which prompted others to qs.

A better example would be the first rise of the bmoc where the crash was essentially caused by one user flooding classifieds.

Archived