JayTuut

aaa  

11 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or PS4 Neo?

• PS4
    • PS4 Neo (ps4.5)

From a status update to a thread.

Lets have a poll..

Should I get a ps4 or PS4.5 (aka ps Neo)

Backstory:

Im a PC gamer, i just want a ps4 for the exclusives and im saying if im offered a ps4.5 (or ps neo) is it worth getting instead of a ps4 (should they spend da extra monies on me). They don't care really about which one they buy for me so yeah. Don't say "omg get an xbox instead" I already have an xbox one, and i still want the exclusives on PS.

So yeah. I would play games like samurai warriors, last of us, bloodbourne (heard theres a new bloodbourne coming too?), witcher, PES and etc on it. So is it worth getting a PS4 or PS4 Neo? Like the neo has better graphics and can run ps4 games so im just wondering.

The Neo wont offer anything different than a regular PS4 other than 4k netflix/youtube.

Id say a normal PS4 and keep in mind that you have to pay an expensive subscription fee to play online.

Paying to use the internet that your already paying for.

Also its way better to play the witcher on PC because not only does it look way better and run better (depending on your specs) it has a pretty big modding community (if you're talking about 3)

• Like 2

The Neo wont offer anything different than a regular PS4 other than 4k netflix/youtube.

Id say a normal PS4 and keep in mind that you have to pay an expensive subscription fee to play online.

Paying to use the internet that your already paying for.

Also its way better to play the witcher on PC because not only does it look way better and run better (depending on your specs) it has a pretty big modding community (if you're talking about 3)

You're making the assumption that the Neo will run the game/s at the same settings just a higher resolution. Sure, some studios might go down that route, but others will run at higher settings. The Neo is about twice as fast as a PS4. 

PSN also gives you a free game each month (not necessarily new/spectacular -- and it would still be cheaper on Steam, but it's not nearly as bad of a value as you're making it out to be). 

Witcher 3 (and any game) will run better on a console than a similarly priced PC. End of story. Consoles are priced competitively (now if you're planning on buying a dozen games and/or keeping it for years, then in the long run PC will be cheaper since you're not paying $50/year for PSN or $60/game, but that's something else entirely). Not to mention the fact that you don't get Playstation exclusives on PC. 

If you have a 4k tv then go for the newer version, if not then it's literally pointless.

• Like 1

What exclusives were you interested in that Ps4 has?

Because out of all I guess I prefer ps4 but if you get a ps4 neo for free then why not.

I would say it depends when you are getting it. If you want it soon then PS4. If you dont mind waiting then go Neo.

Reason for this:

Sony have a habit of bringing out a new console which ends up crashing/overheating/noisy so they then release a newer updated model some months later. Happened with ps2, ps3 and ps4. 

I dont think graphics settings will be noticeably different between the 2 since some of the exclusive games you want to play likely have a graphics cap anyway

(unless they plan to re-release them as the super HD remastered Ultra 4k boner edition).

Personally I would take the option to wait and check on reviews when its out and then make a decision from that (or wait longer to see if a newer model number comes out which fixes overheating issues)

Neither, Wii U... that is if you already have a PC. I'd go for the Neo if you dont already have the ps4 cause knowning sony they will discontinue support for it, like they shutdown bethesda's mod support idea for consoles. Note: reason why I say Wii U cause in my personal opinion it has better graphics, games, and free online play when you already should have access to online play.

Neither, Wii U... that is if you already have a PC. I'd go for the Neo if you dont already have the ps4 cause knowning sony they will discontinue support for it, like they shutdown bethesda's mod support idea for consoles. Note: reason why I say Wii U cause in my personal opinion it has better graphics, games, and free online play when you already should have access to online play.

Sony has already confirmed that they will run equally, and that all of the new PS4 titles will be available for both the PS4 and and Neo equally. This isn't like the PS3 to the PS4, because that was a whole new gen where everything changed, so there was reason to drop the PS3's support. Here there's no reason to drop the PS4 support, because a lot of PS4 owners aren't buying a Neo just for this.

Sony has already confirmed that they will run equally, and that all of the new PS4 titles will be available for both the PS4 and and Neo equally. This isn't like the PS3 to the PS4, because that was a whole new gen where everything changed, so there was reason to drop the PS3's support. Here there's no reason to drop the PS4 support, because a lot of PS4 owners aren't buying a Neo just for this.

I think Sony also took a pretty adamant stand on that any games available on the Neo MUST be made available for the original PS4. 

If you have a 4k tv then go for the newer version, if not then it's literally pointless.

Pretty much this. The Neo and the Scorpio are basically higher end versions designed for running on 4K TVs. On a basic HD TV (or God forbid, a CRT TV), the difference in performance will be negligible at best.

Pretty much this. The Neo and the Scorpio are basically higher end versions designed for running on 4K TVs. On a basic HD TV (or God forbid, a CRT TV), the difference in performance will be negligible at best.

No games will actually run at 4k they will be 1080p upscaled to 4k aka stretching 

If you are gonna get fighting games PS4 Neo is bad for it. only game that is gonna be good for 4k what i heard is COD4 Remastered 

From the video you linked yeah. But just 1 guy saying this haha

I personally wouldn't buy a console out of principle given how long they've been holding back the gaming industry.

That however isn't the point of this topic, I know. Either way, if you don't have a 4K screen I don't see much reason to get a PS4 Pro.

Mainly saying this because it remains to be seen if games will even get a noticeable improvement in terms of graphics quality over the original PS4 on a standart 1080p screen. Given how most console peasants gamers are fine with 30FPS and mediocre graphics, I seriously doubt most console game developers will care enough to provide any significant change to 1080p.

My best advice would be to wait and see if the exclusives you want actually do give you a much better experience on the PS4 Pro. If they do (which I don't think they will), if you care about graphics and have the extra cash, I'd get the PS4 Pro.

I personally wouldn't buy a console out of principle given how long they've been holding back the gaming industry.

That however isn't the point of this topic, I know. Either way, if you don't have a 4K screen I don't see much reason to get a PS4 Pro.

Mainly saying this because it remains to be seen if games will even get a noticeable improvement in terms of graphics quality over the original PS4 on a standart 1080p screen. Given how most console peasants gamers are fine with 30FPS and mediocre graphics, I seriously doubt most console game developers will care enough to provide any significant change to 1080p.

My best advice would be to wait and see if the exclusives you want actually do give you a much better experience on the PS4 Pro. If they do (which I don't think they will), if you care about graphics and have the extra cash, I'd get the PS4 Pro.

The person (*cough* my loving mother *cough) who is buying me the ps4 (or ps4 neo) read some of this and said, i could just buy you a 4k TV as well........

The person (*cough* my loving mother *cough) who is buying me the ps4 (or ps4 neo) read some of this and said, i could just buy you a 4k TV as well........

Then I'd certainly get the pro alongside that 4K screen. or neo. or whatever it's called now.