Backpack.tf Price fluctuations

unstopaBULLY

Ok, so I aquired an australium spec ks grenade launcher the other day (Friday?) and at the time of purchase when I looked at it in my bp.tf inventory it says it's valued at 19.44 keys, a couple days later and I look today to see that it now says the same grenade launcher is worth over 23 keys. Like WTF happened? I immediately checked the stats to see if there had been a price suggestion but there weren't any. Is this normal or is there something happening here?

Ok, so I aquired an australium spec ks grenade launcher the other day (Friday?) and at the time of purchase when I looked at it in my bp.tf inventory it says it's valued at 19.44 keys, a couple days later and I look today to see that it now says the same grenade launcher is worth over 23 keys. Like WTF happened? I immediately checked the stats to see if there had been a price suggestion but there weren't any. Is this normal or is there something happening here?

KS items are based off the current Steam Market price. Meaning that the one worth 19.44 keys must have sold or been taken down so the next one up is over 23 keys. 

The price is coming from the Steam Community Market listings, as the lowest price on there changes the shown price on backpack.tf changes.

KS items are based off the current Steam Market price. Meaning that the one worth 19.44 keys must have sold or been taken down so the next one up is over 23 keys. 

Ahh that makes a lot more sense guys. Thanks for the quick replies and answers.

This thread can be closed now.