[Question] Selling Backpacks - how do?

Mr. Struts™

In relation to my previous topic, I am looking to sell my backpack for cash in the near future, reason being that there are some experiences that I want to go on - main one being to travel to Atlanta to see a friend - which are pretty costly and I need a big cushion in my bank account to be able to comfortably save up for those experiences.

​So with that in mind, how does the whole backpack-selling thing work? Is there like a standard rate for buying backpacks, almost like a discount for buying all the items?

If you are not in a massive hurry and want to maximize what you get, try selling your items individually for pure, then convert the pure into cash.

All backpack buyers expect discounts, there is no standard rate, but most would only pay about 70%

If you are not in a massive hurry and want to maximize what you get, try selling your items individually for pure, then convert the pure into cash.

All backpack buyers expect discounts, there is no standard rate, but most would only pay about 70%

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do first. I have a lot of items in my backpack that aren't properly valued; for example, my Burning Facehugger doesn't have a price yet, and I have a few low-craft and vintage items with collector levels (0, 100).

​I'm not in too much of a hurry, but the date I have planned for the trip is 18th November, so I need to manage my time effectively.

honestly, you shouldn't sell to a bp.tf buyer unless you must. They take large discounts. I'd sell your bp into pure, then cashout to a trusted key buyer.

After all i did for you, you blocked and removed me when i offered $$$ for your bp?

Do you even remember me bro

You offered less than half of my backpack value, and you didn't even bother to factor in the Facehugger's value.

​Besides, I'm not selling my backpack yet.

You offered less than half of my backpack value, and you didn't even bother to factor in the Facehugger's value.

​Besides, I'm not selling my backpack yet.

That roast

But then your backpack might be a little tricky to sell since the low crafts and lvl 0 vintages which is hard because you will rarely find anyone to buy those items but the unusual is a tricky one it's a good heavy hat (one of my fav heavy hat) but it's because it's a limited hat and it's 1/1 so it's one of a kind and can be used as a trump card since the buyer might sell it for a higher price and make more cash off of it but then cash is cash

Easy way to sell your backpack is to sell your items one by one (what n00t said basically) because its easier to do it. (tbh it's really good if you sell it one by one because it's faster and you get better prices than those backpack buyers who try to make profit like a gold digger) but GL on it

• Like 2

Exactly. That's why I've set out to sell my low-crafts and collector-level vintages first. As for the unusual, I'll just have to take offers as they come, whether they're for the backpack or the unusual itself; I've had a pricecheck on the Facehugger, and most people were pointing at a range between 150 - 200 keys. Not as much as I hoped considering what I paid for previously, but I don't really care about that anymore; got several hundred dollars worth of virtual crap that would be much better put to use for paying for real-life experiences.