Am i scammed? I bought a GTA V gift (unused) for keys and then i try to add my code it says its invalid

MordoBoss

I bought a gift and i started installation before i made social club acc. I tried to make add GTA V to my social club acc and it said: Code is maybe invalid or used ( i got the code from libary)

*Note: the game is not updated for play

http://imgur.com/a/bpOiN(proof of purchase)

* GTA V is working for me. Then i lauched the game i linked my steam acc with my social club

Either they gave you the code wrong

You mistyped it

Or you were scammed

If they remove you try to re add them to talk about it

Then well know

Oops, thought it was a code. Only thing I can think of is region lock

you might wanna edit your screenshot, as your account name is visible

So? Having an account name means nothing

Gabe newell gave away his account name and password

Even if someone gives their account name and password, you still need their mobile phone lel

So? Having an account name means nothing

Gabe newell gave away his account name and password

Even if someone gives their account name and password, you still need their mobile phone lel

just because there's multiple layers of security, doesn't mean you should weaken one part of it

just because there's multiple layers of security, doesn't mean you should weaken one part of it

How are you weakining it?

But. You do realise (not being mean here just saying) that prior to (2012? 2013? 2014?) your login name was your profile link?

e.g. your login is drenus

So your prof link is steamcommunity.com/id/drenus

You feel me?

But after (2012-2014 whenever) it became /profiles/(randomassnumber) and you could change ur custom ID

My friend once gave me his username and password to trade for him, I could never get in though because of his phone.

We should probably stop talking now because this is off topic.

----------------------------------

On topic:

It seems you have used the gift? Or you resold it? Can "KILL ALL SCAMMERS" tell us what happened? It didn't; seem to have the Red triangle thing saying it was restricted, maybe that only shows in trade window

You are giving one of your login credentials away, which makes it easier for people to compromise your account, they don't have to find out your username anymore, just your password. Also, Two-factor authentication is relatively safe, but can still be "bypassed" by social engineering, which is basically "hacking" a human ;)

I think steam maybe updated everything itself. i mean there is no need for social club acc???!! 1 more thing: i bought UNUSED copy so he couldn`t take its code and use it if he could then something it now right i guess. (it isnt ok to use code on ur rockstar acc even if u didn`t activate the gift. U can use that gift and sell it. LEL the best scam ever)

And third do i need to have GTA V added on my rockstar acc or i just need to type my email and password then i go in GTA V online and it`ll work

I bought a gift and i started installation before i made social club acc. I tried to make add GTA V to my social club acc and it said: Code is maybe invalid or used ( i got the code from libary)

*Note: the game is not updated for play

http://imgur.com/a/bpOiN(proof of purchase)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/618459109268156168/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/487877107143752756/

Similar incidents happened here. I'm guessing it's best to contact Rockstar Games Support.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205416257

But. You do realise (not being mean here just saying) that prior to (2012? 2013? 2014?) your login name was your profile link?

e.g. your login is drenus

So your prof link is steamcommunity.com/id/drenus

You feel me?

But after (2012-2014 whenever) it became /profiles/(randomassnumber) and you could change ur custom ID

My friend once gave me his username and password to trade for him, I could never get in though because of his phone.

Even though Steam and several other applications have 2FA, it's always best to not weaken one layer of security, in this case, your login username. Googling that would allow for someone to know more about you and access data that you had posted a long time ago upon many different websites, building up a portfolio of what your likes and personality is like but also what websites your login credentials have been submitted on before. From that digital footprint of you, the number of strings of characters your password can potentially be is narrowed down and it only takes a couple of hours, days or weeks as to compromise an account of yours upon a multiple websites with pretty weak protection if hackers choose to do so. If it so happens, personal information (county / state, phone number, security questions and answers, real information via Facebook or other social media) may also be picked up and could be used in a vicious sense. That's why it's also best to have very different passwords for different accounts on different websites.

Yeah do what facepalms said since you only bought the game for "multiplayer" and not story but if this doesn't work just watch a video on youtube about it

Yeah do what facepalms said since you only bought the game for "multiplayer" and not story but if this doesn't work just watch a video on youtube about it

Nah i bought the game for both story and multiplayer. I could just download it on torrent and save 17 tf2 keys but i wanted to have a full game.

Nah i bought the game for both story and multiplayer. I could just download it on torrent and save 17 tf2 keys but i wanted to have a full game.

Ah then sorry but technically you do have the whole game