Key ranges

KoDoRiN

I've just thought about this and sooner or later keys will surpass 6.33 making our current key ranges less correct. (And viable?)

I have one suggestion which is...

Automatic key conversion

-What it does is converts the key range to the current low-end/middle of the key price and lower the key range. (Sort of like bud changes in unusuals)

Ex: Keys is 4 ref and the Kringle Collection is worth 1.25 keys. (1 key and 1 ref assume the price will never change) Let's fast forward when keys are 10 ref. Keys would automatically convert to 1.1 keys. (Still 1 key and 1 ref) But then if keys were to be 11 ref, it might look like 1.09.

Pros

-automatically changes price the moment key prices change, no need to worry about key ranges.

Cons

-Most of the time ugly range and possibly confusing.

-No estimation (?)

Haven't really thought much about the pros and cons, feel free to point some out.

Other than that, there has got to be a clarification on solid key ranges when keys surpasses 6.33. What would be the potential correct ranges later on? Should we still estimate by .2? Abandon .33 entirely?

Its a pricing guide, prices aren't set in stone. Its better to keep them at units people still understand

No one is going to know 1.09 keys off the top of their head, and it looks ugly, like how trade.tf prices looked when it was unfiltered to the nearest scrap. Most people still value keys at 6 refined when doing metal increments since its easier such as .33 keys being 2 refined instead of being 2.11 refined or .5 keys being 3 refined instead of 3.11 refined. Its only newer traders that try to ask for that little scrap because they follow backpack.tf prices to a tee, but the vast majority is fine with it since they're most likely more interested in the keys they're getting with the metal since that's when people list items with fractional key values.

Its a pricing guide, prices aren't set in stone. Its better to keep them at units people still understand

1.2 keys = 1 key + 2 ref for many new people. so many wrong classified listings for that price (feel free to report them btw).

No one is going to know 1.09 keys off the top of their head, and it looks ugly, like how trade.tf prices looked when it was unfiltered to the nearest scrap. Most people still value keys at 6 refined when doing metal increments since its easier such as .33 keys being 2 refined instead of being 2.11 refined or .5 keys being 3 refined instead of 3.11 refined. Its only newer traders that try to ask for that little scrap because they follow backpack.tf prices to a tee, but the vast majority is fine with it since they're most likely more interested in the keys they're getting with the metal since that's when people list items with fractional key values.

You are correct Baloo. I and most other traders treat keys that way as well. But I'm talking about future prices when keys surpasses 6.33 (or more if traders are that stubborn). Sooner or later, traders will begin to reject our current key range and I'm not sure if we would still estimate by .2 and still regard it as 1 ref flat and possibly ignore the .33 range.

Why is this a concern? You can list your item at whatever price tou wish. The price guide simply tells you what your item is likely to sell for. If someone wants a scrap more or wants to pay a scrap less the market will allow for this if possible. Good Deals will inform you how much demand there is.

Woifi I'm glad to hear that. For right now I'd like to see the removal of the .2=1 ref standard though considering it is at least 22% inaccurate (1.22*5 = 6.11). People are using this to pretty much make up what .2 of a key actually is on the classifieds.

What the hell is 3.75 keys supposed to mean: http://backpack.tf/stats/347/6/0 (3 keys 5 ref? or 3 keys 4 ref? or something in the middle)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived