I need studying advices/tips

Karam

so now i am in grade 11, i transferred school for the 2nd school in 2 years (and i will re-transfer due to studying and stuff). Last year, school was easy, tests easy, got the highest on school, life was awesome, then an argument blew up with my mates and the whole school in general and left. Now this school was so hard that i didn't know how to even study, i tried my best, ended up getting really really bad marks. Now in the next semester i will go back to the school i went to when i was a kid. All that aside, i just can't study. Also, i have an argument with my own self daily about weither studying is by benefiting me by any means other than giving me a job and salary in the future, that is another story for later. Anyhow:-

I tried to study each day a bit of every subjects, couldn't. Tried to study before exam with 2-3 days, horrible marks. Gave up my PC and mobile, still no good result.

What am I missing ? Now i barely open a book if there is no test/exam which is by no means a good way to study, but i can't find a rhythm that suites me at all, my whole days goes waste without doing anything useful (except weekends).

Tl;dr

So yea, i really need some help here, if you can give me some techniques and tips on how to actually enjoy studying and have 0 pressure and fear of books that would be great and i will be grateful. Thanks

Find a homeless man and ask him how he became homeless, you will be so motivated.

Otherwise find a quiet place to study and make sure you are facing the wall which should have nothing on it.

Listening to music can help as well. 

It worked for a bit, then it became the same as before

Find a homeless man and ask him how he became homeless, you will be so motivated.

Otherwise find a quiet place to study and make sure you are facing the wall which should have nothing on it.

Well i asked my driver, that didn't help. And when i sit down with books, i just can't focus.

I have a similiar problem and the only thing that really helped me was studying with others. It doesn't help if they are as bad on focusing as you though...

I'm glad that I already have a graduation though but I still would like to study.~

Studying in a horizontal pose doesn't help,or you fall asleep and is more easy to be flank for distractions.

Also the music in not a good idea (unless is quiet melodies like Claude Debussy,but no so quiet or you fall asleep).

This is what I try to do:

Study really hard for an hour, then relax for 2. Repeat until you know the subject. I find this much better working than 3 hours of semi-studying, where you study but kinda drift off all the time.

The hard part is to stop those 2 hours of relaxing for me. Don't completely quit pc and phone, you'll lose yourself in other distractions. Dosing it works better (for me)

Hope I helped. And don't listen to woifi, she's drunk all night, sleeps till 4 pm and games. She is worthless (jk, please don't ban me)

I have a similiar problem and the only thing that really helped me was studying with others. It doesn't help if they are as bad on focusing as you though...

I'm glad that I already have a graduation though but I still would like to study.~

Change positions please ? Lol, anyway, i am trying to like study with my sister as friends are hard to reach daily (arab parents ya know)

Studying in a horizontal pose doesn't help,or you fall asleep and is more easy to be flank for distractions.

Also the music in not a good idea (unless is quiet melodies like Claude Debussy,but no so quiet or you fall asleep).

Nah, not to the point that i fall asleep, COLDPLAY ALL NIGHT :D

This is what I try to do:

Study really hard for an hour, then relax for 2. Repeat until you know the subject. I find this much better working than 3 hours of semi-studying, where you study but kinda drift off all the time.

The hard part is to stop those 2 hours of relaxing for me. Don't completely quit pc and phone, you'll lose yourself in other distractions. Dosing it works better (for me)

Hope I helped. And don't listen to woifi, she's drunk all night, sleeps till 4 pm and games. She is worthless (jk, please don't ban me)

Seems fair, i have a problem with the 1 hour studying hard thingy really, trying to overcome it with mid-year tests coming up really.

(P.s, we all know that about Woifi, no need to say again :3 )

• 3 weeks later...

You've probably just fallen behind; you were never that smart to begin with.

You are rather cruel, it would be advisable to stay off the forums while drunk as you have previously stated.

@KMD your school blew up? Damn.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised i had this thread, anyway

You are rather cruel, it would be advisable to stay off the forums while drunk as you have previously stated.

@KMD your school blew up? Damn.

I didn't even use my computer when exam time, still BARELY passed.

And i didn't say anything about school blowing up .-.

You've probably just fallen behind; you were never that smart to begin with.

Oh trust me, i am smart. But when it comes to school and regular classes, i'm cool. Exams time, RIP KMD.

P.s to all, still entertaining ideas :3 Finals in 2 months ! :c

Your situation sounds a lot like mine (not what happened, but the part about studying). I'm currently talking to a psychiatrist about it, and there's a big chance I've got ADD (the non-hyperactive version of ADHD). There's medication you can take to minimize the symptoms of ADD, and there's therapies as well (or a combination).

Maybe this is the case with you as well, so you could get that checked out.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine (not what happened, but the part about studying). I'm currently talking to a psychiatrist about it, and there's a big chance I've got ADD (the non-hyperactive version of ADHD). There's medication you can take to minimize the symptoms of ADD, and there's therapies as well (or a combination).

Maybe this is the case with you as well, so you could get that checked out.

I don't think i have anything, it is just the stupid British books that we study and i have no idea how to study them, but i think i will look into that ADD thingy

Archived